Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
To be delivered when released 2023 Ninja 1000 SX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Geoff from Newcastle NSW Australia. I have joined the forum a bit early as I have just cancelled my order for the 2022 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 GT Panorama also known as the GT Plus in other parts of the world due to Suzuki just this week June 6th 2022 cancelling the bike with the cases as a portion as they cant supply the cases.
I have always been torn between the Suzuki Panorama1000 GT and the Ninja 1000S X so this has pushed me onto the Kawasaki. Not that it is a bad thing as I have owned so many Kawasakis over my 50 years plus of riding including several Z900, GPZ 900 and GPZ1100 the last being a 2020 Versys1000 SE, Victory Crossroad, a lot of the CB 750 Hondas of the 70`s also Indian Roadmasters. So now look forward to the release of the 2023 Ninja 1000SX here in Australia around September 2022. Sorry if this is a bit of a rant but as an introduction. I thought I should head some light on my bike background. I am looking forward to learning anything you guys can throw my way along with just maybe sharing some input where ever I can.
I’m getting too old to fold myself onto a sportsbike for travelling mighty distances, but the hoon in me is not dead. These days my priorities are comfort on a bike that can still chase the lead rider up and over a mountain pass on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome Geoff,

I'm a new member here also. I purchased a low milage 20' model and really have enjoyed it. I have racked up almost 4K miles since April and have found only nit picky things about the bike. Great in the mountains, and eats up highway miles with comfort. Gonna hit a track day with it in Nov/Dec.

You will not be disappointed in your purchase! Ride safe!
Cheers!

David

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome guys!

Reactions: Geoff C

·
Registered
90 Posts
MCN picks the Ninja over the GSX-S:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, Geoff from Newcastle NSW Australia. I have joined the forum a bit early as I have just cancelled my order for the 2022 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 GT Panorama also known as the GT Plus in other parts of the world due to Suzuki just this week June 6th 2022 cancelling the bike with the cases as a portion as they cant supply the cases.
I have always been torn between the Suzuki Panorama1000 GT and the Ninja 1000S X so this has pushed me onto the Kawasaki. Not that it is a bad thing as I have owned so many Kawasakis over my 50 years plus of riding including several Z900, GPZ 900 and GPZ1100 the last being a 2020 Versys1000 SE, Victory Crossroad, a lot of the CB 750 Hondas of the 70`s also Indian Roadmasters. So now look forward to the release of the 2023 Ninja 1000SX here in Australia around September 2022. Sorry if this is a bit of a rant but as an introduction. I thought I should head some light on my bike background. I am looking forward to learning anything you guys can throw my way along with just maybe sharing some input where ever I can.
You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You wont be disappointed.
Het Davo,I have owned a Versey 1000 back in 2020 so know the engine is great along with handling so I agree about not being disappointed. I spoke to our dyno guy at work today regarding the heat issue and he suggested once I get the bike we look at a power commander, but that time the new Dynojet units should be about and then play with the fuel also to richen that up along with smoothing out the rough areas of the genetic tune. I know that will make the bike run smoother and hope it reduces most of the heat from the leg area. I know a lot of you guys in the states will say de-cat the exhaust but our emission law are so tuff if you get caught it cost big dollars in fines for bot the emissions and noise levels being increased above the allowed noise level. So that won't be an option. To be honest I don't need to case more power and would rather lose some heat by adding more fuel into the motor along with smoothing things out where needed and of course the better throttle response by having a good tune. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this post.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Het Davo,I have owned a Versey 1000 back in 2020 so know the engine is great along with handling so I agree about not being disappointed. I spoke to our dyno guy at work today regarding the heat issue and he suggested once I get the bike we look at a power commander, but that time the new Dynojet units should be about and then play with the fuel also to richen that up along with smoothing out the rough areas of the genetic tune. I know that will make the bike run smoother and hope it reduces most of the heat from the leg area. I know a lot of you guys in the states will say de-cat the exhaust but our emission law are so tuff if you get caught it cost big dollars in fines for bot the emissions and noise levels being increased above the allowed noise level. So that won't be an option. To be honest I don't need to case more power and would rather lose some heat by adding more fuel into the motor along with smoothing things out where needed and of course the better throttle response by having a good tune. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this post.
Hi Geoff. Im a bit further up the coast in brisvegas. Keep us updated with the tune results. Im ok with keep the cat but want to get rid of the breadbox underneath.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Geoff. Im a bit further up the coast in brisvegas. Keep us updated with the tune results. Im ok with keep the cat but want to get rid of the breadbox underneath.
I am waiting for the release of the 2023 models here in Australia before I order mine but that won't be too far off then it would come back to the release and arrival dates here.I am not too worried if it is not until early 2023.I will keep you updated once I get the bike thanks. My boss looks after me price-wise, by selling me the bike at his cost and then getting a manufacturers employee discount on both the bike and any accessories. So I won't be rushing him.

·
Registered
2022 1000SX
7 Posts
Hey Geoff, you are way more patient than me waiting that long.
Although there is some warmth from the engine, I've never found it to be uncomfortable. Ride a Tiger 800 in summer city traffic and you'll know warm.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Geoff, you are way more patient than me waiting that long.
Although there is some warmth from the engine, I've never found it to be uncomfortable. Ride a Tiger 800 in summer city traffic and you'll know warm.
I have owned both a Victory Crossroads and Indian Roadmaster so know about the heat in the traffic lol. I am not over concern about the Kawasakis heat but would like it to be a bit cooler on my legs, especially in our summer with the Humidity we seem to be getting over the last few years. I know I am a fussy old fart but need to take a teaspoon of cement each morning to harden up lol. :unsure::rolleyes:(y)

Reactions: McWoody

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
226 Posts
Welcome to the Ninja SX world.
If the new GSX-S GT was available early last year it would have been a hard decision choosing between it and the SX. But it wasn't, so I got the SX and no regrets.
A good riding mate has the previous GSX-S F with a few mods (decat, some suspension, seat height) and when we swapped bikes not long after I got my then new SX we were both impressed with each other's ride. We agreed there were minor differences but not enough to matter for one to be better than the other.
With his mods his Suzuki was definitely sportier, but the SX was a bit softer and therefor smoother and not so 'sporty'.
I'll be going past your place (on the M1/A1) early next month on my way to Forster to visit my daughter and grandkids. Unfortunately in my car - if I ever end up in Knights territory for a stopover I'll call into Brisans to say hello.
Cheers

• Love

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the Ninja SX world.
If the new GSX-S GT was available early last year it would have been a hard decision choosing between it and the SX. But it wasn't, so I got the SX and no regrets.
A good riding mate has the previous GSX-S F with a few mods (decat, some suspension, seat height) and when we swapped bikes not long after I got my then new SX we were both impressed with each other's ride. We agreed there were minor differences but not enough to matter for one to be better than the other.
With his mods his Suzuki was definitely sportier, but the SX was a bit softer and therefor smoother and not so 'sporty'.
I'll be going past your place (on the M1/A1) early next month on my way to Forster to visit my daughter and grandkids. Unfortunately in my car - if I ever end up in Knights territory for a stopover I'll call into Brisans to say hello.
Cheers
Don't mention the Knights lol :unsure::cry:wow they have had a shocking year with injury after injury but they don't seem to be hungry enough to want to win. I am at work most weekdays till around 1.30pm . Would be nice to catch up.

Reactions: MicMac

·
Registered
2012 Ninja Z1000SX (Green)
43 Posts
Welcome from Sydney. I’m keen to swap my 2012 for a 2022/3/4 whenever the bank balance favours it (won’t be this year). You’ll love the bike I’m sure, and having ridden some of the scenic/fun rides from Sydney up to Newcastle on my N1K, you won’t be disappointed with its performance.

I’ll be green with envy when your 2023 eventually turns up :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts