Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, finally got my N1K 2016 after rigorous review process that killed many brain cells, which shouldn't really happened. The bike is a no brainer for me actually! It came with the OEM panniers that happily engulf my helmets. The engine is so torquey and I think the 6th is all the gear that this bike ever needed ;) The suspension is so plush and correct for my weight of 73kg (sans gear) within legal speed. Allow me to say one more positive: my wife feels good about being the passenger again (my previous bike was a MV Agusta Stradale) b'cos the seat is comfy and the passenger handles are at the right places for her. Now I love to ride again, with the N1K.

This picture is attached just to comply with the rule of new member introduction post :)

But I think the cat is causing the resonance / vibration around 4000 RPM. Or is it the cans? This is the speed I'm most relax with on the highway so I notice the vibration very much. I hope it's the same as my 1st gen Versys 650, so that the problem can be "fixed" somehow with a de-cat operation. I'm looking at Ixil SX1 full system. It's very light with reasonable price. Do you think it vibrate less? I also plan to get Shorai. I'm impressed with it on my MV. It cranks so much better and I can just leave the bike not running for more than 2 weeks and still start the motor cleanly. Also another kg or 2 saved.

And yes, the previous owner got 190/55 S22 installed so I like the handling. It's not as fast as some lighter and smaller bikes but still, it's willing to lean.

Sorry but it seems that I sound like a salesperson too much so I'd stop here.

ok 1 last word: Thank you all for your posts. I studied a lot here and I think I have made the right decision.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada 950S
738 Posts
A full system exhaust is likely to offer some relief from the vibes, it certainly helped in my case. Also go for extra-heavy HVMP bar end weights, these make a noticeable difference in the vibes through the bars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts