Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Ninja a few weeks back. Rode it through the run in period very quickly, first service done. Waiting for panniers. I'm on a good behaviour license for another 8 days so I've been refraining from going out at the moment, too much chance of tears. Haven't even tried out the gel seat I just put on yet! But I'm not tempting fate lol.

Registered
Picked up my new Ninja a few weeks back. Rode it through the run in period very quickly, first service done. Waiting for panniers. I'm on a good behaviour license for another 8 days so I've been refraining from going out at the moment, too much chance of tears. Haven't even tried out the gel seat I just put on yet! But I'm not tempting fate lol.

View attachment 30447
Johnny鈥檚 been a naughty boy, lol!!

Welcome, Zed! The OEM Gel Seat is a considerable improvement on the stock seat. It is supportive and has rounded edge lines so it won鈥檛 dig into the inner thighs. Will increase your saddle time by 20% or more before the butt cries for a mercy stop, lol!

Registered
2012 Ninja Z1000SX (Green)
Welcome, Hi from Sydney. Mind if I turn green with jealousy at your 2020/21 bike...

Registered
2021 Black N1K.
Welcome aboard Zed, you naughty little man :) Yes, best to wait for a few more days ;)
I also have the black 2021.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Actually, I've been the least naughty I've ever been lately! In the past when I got the choice suspension vs good behaviour I took the suspension as I never expected to make a year haha. But, now I'm a co-parent I just couldn't be license free. . Only a few more days, and the demerit points are cleared, it's my weekend with no kid, the weather's looking pretty good so it'll be just me and my bike, getting to know each other :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Johnny鈥檚 been a naughty boy, lol!!

Welcome, Zed! The OEM Gel Seat is a considerable improvement on the stock seat. It is supportive and has rounded edge lines so it won鈥檛 dig into the inner thighs. Will increase your saddle time by 20% or more before the butt cries for a mercy stop, lol!
Honestly I couldn't help but think "just make the bike $250 more and put the decent f*cking seat on it". It does bite into the top of the thighs/lower arse, but the numbness factor is worse after about 3/4 hours. And I'm a mountain biker so I'm kinda leathery back there :). Can't wait to try the new one out this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts