Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new 2020. Nothing wrong with taking it easy at first because it is easy to go fast when you fell good about it. If the bike fits you and your wants/needs you are out to have some fun times.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
20 Posts
I am picking up my 2020 Ninja in 2 days, I can't wait!! After riding my daughters' R1, my Vulcan S just doesn't do it for me anymore. I am excited but also a bit nervous! I will be the slowest Ninja on the roads for a while LOL Reading up on here to learn all I can.
Welcome to the Forum, Ninja Cheri.
I've only had mine for a month, just had the first service done, and you'll enjoy the running in experience with getting to know your bigger bike.
If the extra zoom HP is worrying you, perhaps you could choose for the first few hundred miles, ride in Rain mode (25% power cut and 100% available traction control).
That's what I did to mine, till I got more used to it's height and weight.

Rob.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the new Ninja!

Reactions: Cheri24

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm betting you'll find the broader power of the N1K easier to deal with then you think. Hell I'm impressed about the R1 ridding, and your daughter's at that. Freaking awesome.

Reactions: Cheri24

·
Registered
347 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I picked up a leftover 15 a couple years ago. Liking it so far but the 2020/21s have got my attention with cruise, quickshifter, etc.

Have never ridden a true super sport like an R1 but I'd like to see what it's like. Not so much for the power but for the handling.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
215 Posts
Welcome. Hope you love your new Ninja. Its a great bike.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the Forum, Ninja Cheri.
I've only had mine for a month, just had the first service done, and you'll enjoy the running in experience with getting to know your bigger bike.
If the extra zoom HP is worrying you, perhaps you could choose for the first few hundred miles, ride in Rain mode (25% power cut and 100% available traction control).
That's what I did to mine, till I got more used to it's height and weight.

Rob.
Thank you for the advice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts