Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 141 Posts

Registered
Thanks. I can see how they change the angle. I like that.

but, if you have more pics.... 馃榾

Registered
Ever think about something different? I suspect any I4 engine will be found lacking. Maybe go for a v2 sportbike or a 3 cyl Triumph?

Premium Member
Stampeding.....if I buy the 2 in, do you think I can run them without hitting anything , or pinching my hands?

Registered
Thanks for the info, I want something lower, thinking about these Woodcrafts
View attachment 32261 View attachment 32261
I'm not sure exactly which ones those are, but those look pretty low to me. I was looking at the Woodcraft 75 mm side mount risers; they should put the mount end of the bar pretty close to the stock position, but the angle down will put the bars lower than that out where your hands are. Those are the risers that Woodcraft recommended to me when I contacted them.
Lower bars may work, but you've got less room between the tank and fairing as you go lower, so you may have interference issues. Also, front mount clipons instead of side mount are going to start your bars out closer to the front of the fairing; again it may be fine, but might limit the sweep adjustment for the bars.

Registered
Stampeding.....if I buy the 2 in, do you think I can run them without hitting anything , or pinching my hands?
I think that CoolDaddyGroove used the 2 inch risers, and found that his bars just kissed the fairings so he stuck some rubber where they contacted. So it seems like those would be the lowest you could use. Of course, even small changes in the sweep of the bars will impact this, but I think you have a pretty small window of adjustment with them that low. DocBrown had posted some pics comparing the 3 inch risers to factory, and it looks like the 3 inch risers give you a lower position, out at the grips, than stock while still looking like they offer a fair amount of adjustability on the sweep.

If you want to go a little lower than stock, but be able to get a better sweep and horizontal angle, either the 3 inch speedy moto or 75mm Woodcraft are the way to go. The Woodcrafts might be the best choice there, because their bushing system gives you the ability to adjust your bar angle while using the factory bars, and they are a bit cheaper.

If you want to go as low as possible, it would be the Speedymoto or Apex (but with Apex you cannot reuse your factory bars).

Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
I was just in the garage looking it over and I think the 2" Speedymotos will be a better choice, those are 1.5" Woodcrafts in the picture, don't think we have enough clearance for those.

Registered
I was just in the garage looking it over and I think the 2" Speedymotos will be a better choice, those are 1.5" Woodcrafts in the picture, don't think we have enough clearance for those.
I think you run into hitting the tank at a certain height.

Registered
If you have not changed them than I think I'm good thanks.
So did they make the bars both more narrow and more angled? I assume the degree of rise can be adjusted down.
The first few days after I put them on, I was fiddling with them to get them just where I wanted them; rotating them around the forks just a tiny bit at a time, then staring at it to see if I had them both at the exact same position.
Comparing to the stock position is actually harder than it seems at first; the Speedymoto risers definitely don't stick out as far from the center of the of the fork tube as the factory bits, but you are also limited in how far you can slide the bars into the mounts by the locating pin (you could file that off if you were certain you were never going back to factory risers, but at that point you could also just use the speedymoto bars or a set of generic 7/8 bars). So I'd say that, if you tried to match up the Speedymoto as close to the factory sweep as possible, you would have the bars a bit closer together, but not by much. The bars would also be angled downward compared to stock.
However, if you start changing the sweep, you are moving the bars, I've got my bars set so they are swept back more than stock, which makes them narrower, and gives even more angle down.

As far as the degree of rise, it can't really be adjusted on the speedy moto bars; you could maybe try to slide the clamps up a bit on the forks, but the exposed section of fork tube is already barely enough for the clamps.

Registered
I'm even more concerned about the wiring rubbing on the fairing below
risers
I think with 1.5 inch risers you'd have the switch housings rubbing on the fairings (possibly even the bars themselves). Even with 2 inch risers you are going to be pretty close, but if you search the forum you'll find that others have made 2 inch risers work.

Registered
Sooooooo. I dropped my bike first night of having it. Got that B***ch out the way. 2021 Ninja 1000SX. The N1K vs all the bikes you mention is going to completely throw you off. It's a bit flat on the mid range of power. Now getting back to how I dropped it. I 5'8" and my inseam is like about 33 ish..... Had to buy a ergo fit seat which fixed a lot of issues, I can now flat foot instead of tiptoeing. Off the bat, you will need to tune your suspension the way you want it. To piggy back what someone said up there in the comments, yes transitions is a bit sluggish.. I feel like its top heavy if you have a full tank, but overall is fun bike. Handle bars are higher position than supersports, companies do offer risers for them too. Bike really doesn't seem to need a steering damper too but had a couple of wobbles on major bumps but bike tends to fix that right away. Other than that, I live in Oklahoma where I have to ride almost 30 mins with no wrist of back issues. Long distance is fun with it from the cruise control. CC is maxed out at 85 MPH, just FYI.

I have a full akra exhaust, tail tidy, engine cage and that's basically it. There's no tunes nor power commander available at the moment.

Registered
cruise control won't work above 85mph! don't you hate that nanny crap? i had a Subaru WRX that did same at 100mph.
has anyone noticed that the ridiculous "eco" light goes out when the speedo changes from 89 to 90? WTF?!

freakin' attorneys mess up fun everywhere they can!

btw, I got my Ninja at House of Kawasaki where everyone was truly wonderful to work with! Your experience similar with them?

Registered
@CBR & Ninja: What are you, a Mary Poppins at 170lbs? You did get one thing right in your rant, my bike's suspension is radically different from your 2018 bike. I run a Penske 8983 and Traxxion Dynamics AK20 forks kit.

Reactions: rcannon409

Registered
cruise control won't work above 85mph! don't you hate that nanny crap? i had a Subaru WRX that did same at 100mph.
has anyone noticed that the ridiculous "eco" light goes out when the speedo changes from 89 to 90? WTF?!

freakin' attorneys mess up fun everywhere they can!

btw, I got my Ninja at House of Kawasaki where everyone was truly wonderful to work with! Your experience similar with them?
Yup. Ricardo is the big dawg! Know the delivery manager too.

Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 sx
I've been considering the 2022 SX, but it's looking bleak for getting one, or any manufacturer's bike for 2022. I just located a 2021 (new) at a dealer I know, who's not far away.

What I want to know is...as a 74-year old BMW S1000RR owner who is looking to continue sportbike riding, but wants a little more comfort, with performance...will the 2021 SX make me happy?

I am fit and fully capable of riding my RR 200-300 miles in a day in the mountain twisties, but having power, cornering capability, carrying capacity AND a bit more comfort would be nice.

If anyone here has experienced both bikes (RR and SX) and could comment, it would be a bonus, but any comment on this would be helpful and appreciated. I want to pull the trigger on this, but my 2017 S1000RR is a superb bike and I'd only want to trade it if what I wind up with is a great bike, too.

Thank you!!
Hi, I am 61 and I took my 2021 SX from DC to Key West and back .... no complains about comfort .. after 1 day ride nothing hurts ... but the windshield sucks! .. I have a touring windshield but too narrow to protect my shoulders .. if you can live with that give it a try .. my other bike is 2021 1250 RT .. so, comfort is paramount to me

61 - 80 of 141 Posts