Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am a brand new bike owner. For years my brothers have egged me on to get a bike and I found one I knew was a dream steal of a deal. It is as titled, a 2011 Kawasaki ZX100G. I've come to know it also as the Ninja 1000. I bought it for $300, because it's been slid pretty hard and it's had some horrible modifications. Nothing permanent just goofy stuff like LED lights under the wheel wells. If anyone can help me find parts or point me into the directions I need to go help would be appreciated. If anyone has any parts I could buy that would help me greatly. I've seen prices from major outlets and wow those prices are crazy. $850 for a tank. I am anxious and looking forward to this as a great hobby to rebuild. I am a decent auto mechanic so i look forward to the challenge and final product.

I need quite a bit. Every Fairing, plasict piece, cowl etc. All cosmetics including the rear pillion, tail light, right side bar. I need the gas tank and radiator. I still have the metal bracket for the cowl but its pretty bent up but given the prices i may just reform it myself. The entire foward bracket bolts onto the front frame, i basically need that part unbolted and every piece forward of it including the gauge cluster. I have the gauge cluster but given the prices i may just try to save it. The rear piece where it clips into, the grey section is busted so its exposed and does not stay secure.

I need the right bar, bar holder and both brake and clutch assemblies including the lines. Front forks, brakes, rear brakes and the alignment of the bike are just fine. I do need a clutch cover as the slide acted like sandpaper and sanded a hole in the clutch cover. The right rear foot pegs are bent. Of course the mirrors also. I plan on ordering a custom windshield.

Where it gets tricky is there is so for 1 maybe 2 wire connections I have no clue where they go. The rear brake cables go to nothing. I can't find where they were supposed to go in the back but i do find areas where somethings was supposed to be bolted onto or that something is missing. I see what appears to be a cylinder that has a good line going back to the rear brake caliper.

If anyone can send pics of anything of those areas please do so. if you have videos you made taking the bike apart please send me a link. I will be pouring over this site looking for replacement vids, how to's, mods etc to see if i can identify exactly what I am missing. I will post pictures tomorow to show what I am talking about and I would really appreciate your help. Every year my brothers have a reunion and I have never gone because they ride their bikes. This is my first, I am a big tall strong dude so the bike fit perfectly. I know it will suck for the long travel ride but at least I can make the ride when i get this done.

Any donor parts or parts you have left over please let me know.

·
Registered
698 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts