Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy from eastern Ontario, sold my 2011 concours 14 2 years ago. Getting my 2020 ninja1000sx se with saddlebags in 3 weeks.
I hope the snow melts fast! Nice to meet you all.
Cheers!
Danny.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Welcome Danny. Hope you enjoy the Ninja. I am a big fan of the upgrades that Kawasaki made for the 2020 model. It really is a huge bang for the buck, do it all road bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks night train, I’ve been in the French alps since December 25th babysitting a friends of the grid bed and breakfast. The mountain roads here blow my mind . So many bikes even in winter.
I had to contact my local Kawasaki dealer at home and buy a bike, it will be ready for me when I get home.... I don’t know if the weather will be ready!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks johnmark, when I saw the new ninja and the upgrades it was love at first sight lol. I really loved my concours it was a great bike but I wanted I little more sporty.
It’s my second or third mid life crisis, I think I’m going to give up women and stick with dogs and motorcycles!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup! It’s not the first time I’ve given up riding but I always go back! When it’s in the blood you can’t get it out. I guess I can blame my parents for that first Honda mini trail 70 in1976.
There’s been to many bikes to count since then!
Also snowmobiles atv’s. I really loved those Kawasaki intruder snowmobiles from the old days. 100mph. I also had many modern snowmobiles. That’s a very expensive sport!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess there’s no snowmobiles on the gulf coast! It must be nice to ride all year long.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Welcome to the forum and back to biking. I'm also waiting for the snow and rain to slow down and the temps to warm a bit on the opposite side of the continent. Just out of curiosity, what new features of the 2020 Ninja has you excited?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely the cruise control, the wide seat is hopefully easy on the butt. The dash looks pretty cool and more importantly easy to see. I already downloaded the rideology app, kind of a gimmick but looks kind of fun to check your statistics and the route at the end of the day.
Buying a new motorcycle always brings back that little kid at Christmas feeling which is pretty fun when in reality I’m just a balding aging old fart!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I guess there’s no snowmobiles on the gulf coast! It must be nice to ride all year long.
Where are you located?
LOL... no snowmobiling here in Houston, TX. I think it only lightly snowed 3-4 times in the 20yrs I've been here. It is possible to ride year round, although in the hotter-than-Hades 3-4 months, I really don't do much joy riding. I still commute, mostly because it's very seldom more than 50min one way, so my Hyperkewl phase-change active cooling vest does a good job of keeping the ride tolerable.

I lived in Western NY during my college years. Got my fill of lake effect snow and have no interest moving back up that far up north. :grin:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Definitely the cruise control, the wide seat is hopefully easy on the butt. The dash looks pretty cool and more importantly easy to see. I already downloaded the rideology app, kind of a gimmick but looks kind of fun to check your statistics and the route at the end of the day.
Buying a new motorcycle always brings back that little kid at Christmas feeling which is pretty fun when in reality I’m just a balding aging old fart!
I wouldn't worry bout being old on this site. You be surprised how old everyone is. Is think there was a survey on here one time and "I think" the average age was upper 50s. I am 61 and overweight. :plain:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where are you located?
LOL... no snowmobiling here in Houston, TX. I think it only lightly snowed 3-4 times in the 20yrs I've been here. It is possible to ride year round, although in the hotter-than-Hades 3-4 months, I really don't do much joy riding. I still commute, mostly because it's very seldom more than 50min one way, so my Hyperkewl phase-change active cooling vest does a good job of keeping the ride tolerable.

I lived in Western NY during my college years. Got my fill of lake effect snow and have no interest moving back up that far up north.
Winter is pretty darn long where I live in Ontario but I’m fortunate i don’t work from December to April so I have a lot of time to escape the cold.
The only obstacle is $$ otherwise I would have a place somewhere warm enough to ride in winter.
I’m thinking maybe next year bringing my bike a friends place in Florida and traveling around for a month or two.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wouldn't worry bout being old on this site. You be surprised how old everyone is. Is think there was a survey on here one time and "I think" the average age was upper 50s. I am 61 and overweight.
Thanks markone now that I know everyone is in my age group I really feel at home!😎

·
Registered
127 Posts
No Snow

I lived in Western NY during my college years. Got my fill of lake effect snow and have no interest moving back up that far up north. :grin:

I think Houston (Born There) has had at least 4 times as much snow as here in (SW Florida). There hasn't been much of a winter this year, its warm, great to ride year round.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts