Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. Long time rider. Looking forward to picking up a new(er) Ninja with my x-mas bonus. Went to the moto-show and sat on the new model. I really enjoy the riding position not being as cramped as the R. My knees and back just can't take it anymore! Currently I've found a '13 for $8999. and a '14 for $9499. After reading this entire forum I'm leaning more towards the '14. I have a lot of questions regarding exhaust that I'll be posting later that I'm hoping someone from CA can help with. We have a lot of restrictions and are not supposed to upgrade or "tamper" with the exhaust to begin with so before I go tearing into it I want to make sure I cover all my options. But exhaust is always the first upgrade. Looking forward to bench racing with you all!

-Scott

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aesthetically I like the green tank over the black on the '13. You can't beat Kawasaki green! I like that's its a year newer and only $500. more. The '14 has abs. Something I've never sampled before but I don't think I'll be backing her into turns. Never had a bike with traction control or power modes either. And the changes in the sub-frame for the luggage also sound like enticing touches. All in all I'm very excited about this new bike and just hope it doesn't sell before I get paid. The last new bike I had was when I bought my Hypermotard in '08.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the forum NorCal Ninja! I personally like the black tank of the '13 model (it's the one I have). Kawasaki green is great, but I like the way it's broken up. The '14 does have a lot extra "goodies" to it with the electrics and so on, although they are not all for me. I'm definitely with you regarding the riding position and lack of strain on the knees & back!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think the '14 is worth the few extra $ for the upgrades Kawi put into it. Remember, once you ride them away from the dealership they're both used bikes. Now that the '15s are out you could be riding a two vs one year old bike. It does affect trade values. Good choice in rides though whichever way you go.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep its a done deal. Got my financing. Put a down payment on her. Added her to my insurance. Pick her up tues or weds after I get paid! I want to add hard bags and exhaust but probably not till after christmas and a 180/55 sounds like a nice addition too!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I really want to run the 180/55. I've owned a few fat rear bikes and I believe for true carving you want to run a 180 before a 190 or 200.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hurray! I picked her up today. Downside, worst rainstorm in over a year so I had to truck her home. Also no Sears Point AMA races this year. But Laguna Seca has racing in July. See you guys on the road!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts