Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Hello from South Mississippi

2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Papa Rick 
#1 ·
Had my SX for a year now and like everything about her EXCEPT the seat. Looking at replacing it for something for the long haul. Just read about the airhawk. Rember them from way back but forgot about em. Have tried Corbin's, too hard, thin) before.

#7 ·
Post up a full pic of the bike,when/if you can.

Europe had the green 2020, but yours looks like the real, non metallic green. The candy green is fine, but yours looks way better.

Reactions: Papa Rick
#8 ·
Took a side cover from my 2005 ZX10R in with it to have it matched. Never liked the other/newer green. Also have a 1998 ZX9R. That's where I fell in love with that shade of green.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Back when I had 3 ZX's. Left to right, 2011 ZX10R, traded in on a 2013 Concourse14. 1998 ZX9R with 86,000 plus miles and 2005 ZX10R with about 47800 miles.

#12 ·
Do I dare ask the cost on this? The real green, like you have, makes sense. I remember seeing one uk bike that had been painted in the real color, but that's it.

The candy green like I have is pretty, but it's impossible to touch up,and live with. I think it's 3 coats that are so thin that you would need a machine to apply it.

#13 ·
Tank and all bike plastic was $550.00 and Top cover and strip on Saddle bags was another $150.00. Not bad, I think. Looked into having it wrapped but would have cast about the same, but they told me the wrap would start separating in about 6 months. Hence, paint job.

#15 · (Edited)
Ive always loved custom painted bikes to where you need to look hard to see it isn't stock..

Was that a price anyone could get, or does your uncle own the paint shop? Funny how this color makes the new front fender look so much better than the only one. I need one.

Lots of paint jobs destroy resale value. I don't think this one did. Yours may have added value . That's hard to do.

I was halfway hoping you would say 4500.00 on the cost, where it was out of reach, or not worth it.

Based on my own experience.....I don't have any proof, but I think the green color is more safe. People comment on it, and I think it's easier to see, in traffic.

My silver bike blends in. Maybe it's just me, but I think kawasaki green is free high-vis, while you ride.

#18 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

What bike looked like new. Not all that bad, but she needed some green on her.

No uncle or close friend. Price is for anyone who take parts to them. Shop out of Bay Saint Louis here on the coast of Mississippi. Did a great job. Only took about 2 1/2 weeks.

#16 ·
Hey nice bike!

I'm in South Louisiana (Mandeville) and ride the MS Gulf coast frequently. I also ride with a group on Saturday mornings and we hit the backroads of South MS about once/month or so. We'll have to get together for a ride sometime.

I put an Airhawk on my 21' 1000SX and am very pleased with it. You just need to adjust the amount of air to suit your comfort. I like that it's transferable to other bikes.

#19 ·
Bike with the Airhawk seat from a Gulf coast trip I did earlier this month.

It doesn't look too awful, but more importantly I can keep riding whereas after about an hour or so on the stock seat I would want to stop.
Bike with the Airhawk seat from a Gulf coast trip I did earlier this month.

It doesn't look too awful, but more importantly I can keep riding whereas after about an hour or so on the stock seat I would want to stop. View attachment 33128
What windshield is this? Wanting a dark smoke to hid Radar Detector.

#24 ·
Papa Rick, I always liked Zero G, too.

However, their Double Bubble shield for this bike was a noisy POS. It's been a long time since I tried it. Maybe the new one is different?

The whole shield went sideways because of the height adjustment system we have. It was only good in the middle position....and I'm sorry for saying good. It almost worked in the middle position.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.