Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, from Niagara Falls! Had a 2016 N1k, loved it, but sold it in a moment of stupidity. Now considering replacing it either with used, buying a new one, or also considering the z900rs cafe. Anyone know how different the cafe would be for seating position/lean forward vs the N1k?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Check out images of the Z900RS, it definitely has a more upright riding stance than the Ninja 1000. In fact it is bolt upright. Rather surprising for a cafe racer!

I also have the 2016 Ninja 1000 and would not sell that. I will add another bike, let’s say, more aggressive in nature, but the ‘16 Ninja is a keeper.

Reactions: SilverWraith

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome. Buffalo and NF are my old haunts. Loved to ride to places like Fort Niagara and the Flying Tiger restaurant right by the airport. Sadly I read on the net that the place closed down down years ago.

As for bike choice... I actually much prefer the Z900 far more than the Z900RS. It's less expensive, more comfortable,and feels lighter and quicker on its feet. The RS's wide handlebar just made the steering kinda awkward. In some ways, I actually prefer Z900's engine more than the N1k. If Kawi ever make a Ninja 900 SX with that engine and similar trimmings as the N1k, I might trade mine in for that.

Kawi, of course, does not. So for now, the N1k is just a better all arounder than the naked Z900.

Reactions: SilverWraith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. Buffalo and NF are my old haunts. Loved to ride to places like Fort Niagara and the Flying Tiger restaurant right by the airport. Sadly I read on the net that the place closed down down years ago.

As for bike choice... I actually much prefer the Z900 far more than the Z900RS. It's less expensive, more comfortable,and feels lighter and quicker on its feet. The RS's wide handlebar just made the steering kinda awkward. In some ways, I actually prefer Z900's engine more than the N1k. If Kawi ever make a Ninja 900 SX with that engine and similar trimmings as the N1k, I might trade mine in for that.

Kawi, of course, does not. So for now, the N1k is just a better all arounder than the naked Z900.
Yeah, it is something how much more the rs is than the z900. I just keep getting drawn back to the Ninja though anyway. And of course 2020 model fixes everything about the ninja I had (lack of cruise, hard to see dash, quick shifter) but they changed the exhaust...I may be in the minority but I really liked the exhaust, and now it's a trash can. On the upside, easier chain maintenance.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
The base z900 is built in Thailand. The rs is built in Japan. That's a large part of why the cost is so different. The rs does have some upgraded parts

As far as the 900 having a better engine....uh, yea....sure. The ninja 1000 is very restricted as it leaves the factory. If you buy a 2011-2019 it's pretty easy to get rid of those restrictions and enjoy the bike as it was supposed to be.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
I think "assembled" is a better choice of words, on my part. I seriously doubt either bike, or the ninja, is "built" in Japan. That wouldnt bother me , at all, if I were considering one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts