Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, purchased a 2021 N1k SX SE mid way through last year after trading in my much loved MT-07.

Still getting used to the bike, not quite sure I like the forward lean for my old back! Bought some Murph risers to try and of course, cant get the darn bar bolt out on the left side (just about stripped the bolt head out in trying). So will let the mechanic break a few tools trying to get that one off.

All weather and season rider, so hoping I can get those few ergonomics sorted so that I can spend a hell of a lot more time on it.

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
645 Posts
Welcome,
I hope you enjoy your N1K.

Here is a copy of a comment I made a few months ago on this sbject, which has been raise many time before . . .

These screws, plus the 2 bolts that hold the bar ends on (ref 92175G) are held in place by a 1 gallon (4 liters) of high strength LockTite. You will never move them unless you heat the screw up and soften the LockTite first.

A high wattage soldiering iron works but is slow, so I prefer to use a small butane gas torch ($8 on eBay). Just hold the flame on the bolt head until it get hot, then unscrew the bolt.

Writing implement Office supplies Writing instrument accessory Font Laboratory equipment

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
182 Posts
Gday Griff, welcome to the N1K world.
Enjoy your new ride.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
182 Posts
How long ago was that? What were you riding at the time?
Probably not me, I don't normally use William Hovel.
I'm in the inner North (postcode 2602).
Good to come across another local Forum member - might be good to catch-up sometime to compare bikes/accessories/experience of our N1Ks :) 🏍 🍺
Cheers again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would have been before Lockdown, so early last year. I'm out near Belco, though used to live inner north. Once I get the ergo's sorted on mine, might be good to go for a run down Uriarra Rd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts