Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, although I have been lurking for some time. I have a 2016 Ninja 1000 in black and green that I've owned for about a year now. It's all stock, but I have my eye on some goodies in the future.
I love the bike, having come off a Katana 600, this thing is just bonkers fast. Unpopular opinion though, I find the engine to be really buzzy. Like numb hands and feet within 45 minutes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome aboard. Try foam grips and heavier weight bar-ends. You will still feel the vibrations, but it will most likely improve some.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've had a 2011 and 2014 and they were different in their vibes. Things to try are:
Hand vibrations:
Add a washer or two behind the bar end weights changing the length of the bar and the frequency it resonates at.
Change the grips. I prefer Gel grips (Progrip dual density gel) but foam grips will help also.
Get gloves with a gel insert.
Seat vibrations:
I raised the rear tank mount on a couple of neoprene washers. Less vibes to the tank to transfer to the seat. The stock seat proved to be a 30 minute seat for me. My aftermarket preference was a Sargent but a Seth Lamm was great too.
Footpeg vibrations:
Never experienced this and haven't seen it on the forums. With good boots there shouldn't be much vibration getting to your feet through the isolated footpegs.
Overall:
The best mod I made to the '11 and '14 was a 16T countershaft sprocket. It lowered engine rpm by a few hundred and stopped vibes in my critical 70-85 mph cruising speed range. Vibrations started in both my bikes between 5k-6k rpm. I could tolerate the vibes ripping up and down through the entire rpm range but it became intolerable over the longer periods of time in high speed cruising.

Search the forum for vibrations and you'll find several threads related to it.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Welcome aboard
A good tune can help with vibration also but changing the front sproket made the difference for me.
Not many have said the pegs bother them and the only time mine buzzed was when the belly can bolt had backed out. Might give all the exhaust bolts a good tightening. They can loosen up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the replies! I hadn't thought of the exhaust. I'll get tools on all of those fasteners. The vibrations in the pegs might be partially my fault. I ride with my work boots on quite a lot of the time, and they are a steel sole, so that likely isn't helping me. I like the idea of changing the sprocket. The bike has so much torque as it is, I could sacrifice a little gearing to improve mileage and reduce vibrations.
I also find that cruising speed, with mostly unchanging engine speed to be the worst. Right around 125 km/h. I'm sure the sprocket would be a good help there.
I didn't consider changing the positioning of the bar weights to change resonance, that's some good thinking. I got a new pair of gloves at the start of this season, and that did help too. Grips will have to be an addition.

Looks like I have lots of solutions laid out in front of me. I was planning to get my bike an Ivan's tune, so that box should be checked some time soon too.
I'm already glad I pulled the trigger and signed up. Thanks a lot everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
The phone will ring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts