Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Owner of a recently stolen 2014 Ninja 1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, made an account on here a while ago and never posted or introduced myself. March of last year I traded in my first bike, a 2007 Z1000 and bought this green 2014 Ninja 1000. The bike came with the hard bags and was untouched mod wise.

I set about putting everything I wanted on there, making the bike my own. Leo Vince slip on, R&G protection, tank grips, Puig windscreen etc.
I was super excited to have a newer nicer bike with touring capabilities. Got things just the way I wanted them but in May laid it down taking a turn on a wet road after a short rain shower.

While I was only going about 30-40 MPH there was quite a bit of work to do to get the bike back to normal. Not realizing this at the time I decided to not report the wreck to insurance and work on it myself after my broken arm healed up.

Spent most of last summer/riding season fixing the bike up and healing. But also dealing with a punctured rear tire. I had plugged the tired a couple times, but these first two plugs developed slow leaks. I lost the third plug riding to work on the interstate. I stopped on the side of the road, and watched as the air rushed out of the tire.
I had left the front wheel facing straight and as the rear tire deflated the bike tipped over on the right side (opposite side of the wreck). Nothing serious, but a couple scuffs on the slip-on exhaust. It was pretty demoralizing at the time though, and I can’t say I didn’t deserve riding plugs like that. End result after all this wasn’t too bad, only had a few blemishes left as reminders of the wreck. I planned on fixing those this season so the bike was completely back to normal. Made the switched to Comp Werkes slip on exhaust as well.

However a few days ago I came home in my truck to my apartment building after working an overnight shift only realize that there was no motorcycle left in my parking spot. Someone broke the apartment exit gate walked down to my spot under the building and took it. This is all I have left now

Sad times, reported it to the police and insurance. Have a couple weeks to wait and see how they’ll compensate me. Been a rough year or so for me. Not sure when I’ll be getting another bike, but the Ninja was great while I had it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
What a bummer of a story. Sounds like you've learned a bunch of lessons in the last year or so that some of us have learned spread out over a lifetime. Hopefully, you'll work through the funk, the insurance will come through and there will be brighter days ahead for you and possibly a motorcycle. Good luck with your decision and future.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
138 Posts
Man, I feel for you. Sorry to hear about these bad events. Hope the insurance pays soon and you can get back to riding.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
123 Posts
Wow. What a story and I'm sorry to hear what happened. I freaking hate thieves. I hope that they're caught. Good luck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Really sorry to hear, hope you get enough comp from the insurance to get another ride.

·
Registered
560 Posts
My condolences. I hope the thieves are met with a violent end.

·
Registered
Owner of a recently stolen 2014 Ninja 1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, pretty confident the only way it'll be found is in pieces. Initial thought at a replacement is a 2020 Ninja 1000, ZH2, or H2 SX SE. Probably will have to wait until the end of riding season or next year even.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry to hear Ron. I know when I dumped my restored 900R I actually gave it away (I was extremely depressed). I later regretted the decision. My point here is, the feeling of pissed and pain goes away and the bug to ride returns again. Safe travels and good luck - we hope to see you on a new (or new to you) ride in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Damn. I'm sorry to hear it.

As it happens someone tried to steal my 2014 today. It was the most amateur operation you've ever seen - tried to drag it up the ramp of a UHaul and when they couldn't backed the truck up ramming it into a dumpster. As you can imagine it's pretty busted up. I'm waiting to hear back from insurance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts