Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Have you got a bike modified by Ivan other than the Ninja 1000?

573 views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  adm2204 
#1 ·
Considering how his mod improved the stock bike so much, if I get another bike someday the possibility of it being able to be modified by him is definitely part of the criteria.

#5 ·
It didn't change it much for that part. Those engines are just big 600s. You have to wind them up to make power. The tune was worth every penny, as you can see from the fact that I did two bikes. Above 10K those bikes are frightening.

I don't know why anyone would complain about the powerband. If you didn't like it you bought the wrong bike. It's one of my favorite bikes. I wish he would do the next gen and I'd have him do my ZX10RR. He won't touch it since Kawi made it to where he cannot lock the ECU to keep people from stealing the tune.

#8 ·
It didn't change it much for that part. Those engines are just big 600s. You have to wind them up to make power. The tune was worth every penny, as you can see from the fact that I did two bikes. Above 10K those bikes are frightening.

I don't know why anyone would complain about the powerband. If you didn't like it you bought the wrong bike. It's one of my favorite bikes. I wish he would do the next gen and I'd have him do my ZX10RR. He won't touch it since Kawi made it to where he cannot lock the ECU to keep people from stealing the tune.
Thanks. So which gens of the ZX10r are the ones he won't touch?

#3 ·
The ECU in my Tracer 900 GT has been flashed by Ivan. Better throttle response and cruise control now works in all gears at any speed. Seems to have a little better mid range performance. Well worth the money but the change was not quite as drastic as it was with my 2013 Ninja.

#6 · (Edited)
Heres a 2012 z1000, same engine as ours, with close to 200hp. Its not like any company has magical abilities, although you could argue that superchargers do. My tablet almost translates the german text.

There is also the z 1000 that won the Pikes Peak event in 2014, I think it was..

I was able to compare a "flash" that was done with the well respected kit and then had the same bike flashed by Ivan.

Seriously, the other flash was good. A substantial improvement over stock. Full throttle power was good. Really, if that was the only flash I bought, I would be happy, but it wasnt anywhere close to being the same. Anyone would have noticed the difference. Pick one of his flashes and google the reviews. It's the same story from everyone.

I had Ivan's flash on my other ecu and knew better. Small throttle opening was much better and Ivan was the only one who really dealt with fuel cut. If the other flash was all I could get, it was still worth doing. It just wasnt as finished and complete.

I also tried some early flashes, from Ivan. I tried one and it was really good. I mentioned how nice the "fueling" felt. By this point I had a full exhaust, drilled airbox, etc. He then told me he had not changed the fueling, yet. It was stock. It had "everything else" fixed. I felt like a dork, but found enough energy to disconnect my power commander and realized what an obsolete pos it was.

#11 ·
Ivan told me he only does Gen 4. The Gen1-3 were just Power Commander tunes and he doesn't have those anymore. Even his web site shows them with power commander.

Vcyclenut.com does the Gen 5. I've had a couple of his tunes and he sets up the tune in a similar way, getting rid of the bad habits. I'm waiting to hear from him if his tune will work on my 17 ZX10RR since it's a little different.

#13 ·
Ivan told me he only does Gen 4. The Gen1-3 were just Power Commander tunes and he doesn't have those anymore. Even his web site shows them with power commander.

Vcyclenut.com does the Gen 5. I've had a couple of his tunes and he sets up the tune in a similar way, getting rid of the bad habits. I'm waiting to hear from him if his tune will work on my 17 ZX10RR since it's a little different.
What generation of ZX10Rs is your favorite?

#14 ·
I have recently starting following this tuner on youtube - he shows a 17 10RR doing the Dyno after flash and mods.
I'm keeping an eye on him for the 20 N1K tune when ready.
www.MooreMafia.com
There is typically a big difference between drag race tuners and those that do for streetability. Most drag race tuners are just after numbers at wide open throttle. That's about all you can do on a dyno. Guys like Ivan and vcyclenut start on the dyno, make lots of runs on the street with a data logger, then fix the issues found. They are fine with leaving a couple horsepower on the table to have a friendly, rideable tune for more than just wide open throttle. I don't know anything about the guys, but some simple questions about their approach will reveal their focus.

#17 ·
This one is good. It's from Moore Mafia. You can see he uses the woolich stuff, so this flash is pretty much what anyone could give you.

His power gain is fine. 2 or 3 hp, on a 60 total, is actually a decent gain. It's worth watching g the video, but if you fast forward to 8:45, notice how the bike sounds on closed throttle.

If you REALLY turn off the emissions pieces, and REALLY disabled fuel cut, you dont get popping and spitting on closed throttle.

Reactions: Energydrinkvape
#18 ·
This one is good. It's from Moore Mafia. You can see he uses the woolich stuff, so this flash is pretty much what anyone could give you.

His power gain is fine. 2 or 3 hp, on a 60 total, is actually a decent gain. It's worth watching g the video, but if you fast forward to 8:45, notice how the bike sounds on closed throttle.

If you REALLY turn off the emissions pieces, and REALLY disabled fuel cut, you dont get popping and spitting on closed throttle.

I had the 650 prior. It's just underpowered enough to always make you want more. It was very nimble though. I don't think a 3 hp bump would make it something I would have kept. Maybe if it had 80 hp. The parallel twins are kinda yawn.

#19 ·
Has anyone had him do an FZ-09? I have a 2014 and it's definitely not tuned... optimally. The PO had it tuned but it isn't great just off-idle and runs pretty garbage at lower RPM. I see he does those and would love to hear from anyone who's had that done.

#21 ·
I think it may actually be one of vcyclenut's tunes. I may have to dig into that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.