Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
FWIW, I rode on the new-to-me Sargent seat today, and wow! What a difference. It is definitely more comfortable, which was immediately apparent even in a relatively short 26 mile commute. What's more, I used to feel the dreaded inline4 buzz through the seat starting at around 4-5k RPM. With the Sargent seat, it is largely buzz free until past 7k PRM.

The only thing I didn't like was the CarbonFX seat insert. With me wearing my Olympia mesh pants, it was slicker than wet snot. If I were wearing leathers or other grippier fabric materials, it might not as bad, but this being Houston, mesh is likely what I'd be rocking most often. The DTX/grip zone combo would work better for me, I reckon. Oh well.

Reactions: trialsguy

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yes, looked it up on their website. It's not that expensive to recover, but it basically negates the cost savings of getting it new-to-me instead of ordering a custom seat.

I rode all day today with a pair of hybrid pants with leather "bottom", and it is a perfect fit for the Carbon FX. Just the right amount of grip. I had no problem transitioning side to side, without having to lift my weight off the seat, but it otherwise holds me in position quite well. I think I'm gonna sit on this one for a bit - pun intended - before deciding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts