Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2015 NK1. I am putting on a full Akra race exhaust on the bike. I am working a guy who does custom work on sport bikes and he was recommending a PCV and download the map from Dynojet's site that matches the Akra exhaust to the NK1.

After making some calls to Dynojet, they said they did not do an update PCV for the 2014-2015 NK1 (last year was for the 2013). They recommended I not purchase a PCV because it likely would not work. I have yet to discuss the matter with the guy who is doing the work on my bike but I don't think he is aware of this situation. We will talk very soon before moving ahead.

I was wondering if anybody has installed a PCV on a 2014 or 2015 and if so how did it perform. I am very reluctant to purchase one based on this new information.

I am now leaning heavily on getting Ivan's re-flash which is about the same cost as a PCV, but I am still curious if anybody has successfully run a PCV on a current generation bike.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Contact Ivan. He is the guru on tuning for the Ninja 1000.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question.

The PCV is listed as being compatible for the Z1000.

Isn't the Z1000 the same bike as the NK1 in terms of engine set-up and electronics? I thought the two bikes were only cosmetically different.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question.

The PCV is listed as being compatible with the Z1000.

I always thought the NK1 and the Z1000 were the same bike mechanically but only different in cosmetics- full fairing vs. naked.

Is this the case, or are they different in engine set-up and ECU?

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Spy, I think that would be correct, but I dont know how the ninja 1000 and its traction control changes things. One of the uk magazines said the z 1000 has un-used traction control in its ecu. Maybe both are the same?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts