Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering new handlebars for the ninja1000...i need a little more height and movement toward my body to ease shoulder strain....anyone familar with LSL from Germany?

·
Registered
22 Posts
not familiar myself, but have you thought about the Murph's risers? They made a difference for me, but you may be looking for something more drastic.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bars

Yea, i am familiar with murphs....but only through pictures...never actually felt anything but the stock system...wonder what the versys would look/feel like??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea, i am familiar with murphs....but only through pictures...never actually felt anything but the stock system...wonder what the versys would look/feel like??
I have a FZ6R and those bars are like the Versys where they can be adjusted around forward/back..

The Murphs Honesty are PERFECT for the N1000 at least imo it gave me the upright position I wanted, without ugly bars and it looks stock..

Couldn't be happier with them.. Even the dealer was like, wow those look like stock!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm familiar with LSL, top quality brand !
Qualitywise the same as Rizoma, but less branding, and maybe a bit lesser design.

I think I posted the LSL solution a while ago on the riderforums, with some more info.

I don't have LSL stuff myself, but know dealers who praise it, and have friends who are very happy with it. It also rates high in the German magazine reviews.

·
Registered
54 Posts
lsl-handlebar-riser-kit-kawasaki-ninja-1000-2011-2014-5R.jpg

It's been a looong time. Not sure who's left from the good ol days. I cut way back on riding for many years for family (I just wanted to). I recently decided it was time to jump back into riding again. I picked up a Duke 890 R and what a ride that is! Amazing motorcycle for tight mountain roads. Sublime. I felt bad for my poor neglected 675 Daytona and N1K so I pulled them out of mothballs, dusted them off and spent some money on them.

I'm feeling pretty stupid (very stupid) for not having done this a long time ago. I really like my N1K and decided to keep it until the wheels fall off so I got some stiffer fork springs, a Penske 8983 shock, some 310mm front rotors and this LSL Superbike bar kit. My N1K feels like a new bike now.

It was "good enough" before but it's a lot better now. I can almost say this LSL bar kit is the mod that makes me the happiest. I can't believe I waited this long to fix the discomfort I was living with for so long. I also gave my 675 some love and now have three bikes I REALLY enjoy riding. Life is good!

I hope you old timers are still alive and kicking and doing well.

Squid

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
I wondered where you were. I'm glad you are back! Did you ever have Ivan upgrade your flash to "e6"? Has it been that long? (2017). If not, send it in as soon as you can. It's free, as always, and really finishes the ninja.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Wondered if you'd follow us over here. Welcome Mr. Squid! Still riding after all these years...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wondered where you were. I'm glad you are back! Did you ever have Ivan upgrade your flash to "e6"? Has it been that long? (2017). If not, send it in as soon as you can. It's free, as always, and really finishes the ninja.
Hey Roland,

Unfortunately I'm still being stubborn about re-installing the sub-plates. They're a PITA to re-install and I was so unhappy the last time I tried a "new" flash that I'm not going through that again. I really like the way mine runs without the sub-plates and my map. I did ask Ivan if he could add back the engine braking and he did (mostly). I'm having an absolute blast riding it around now. LOVE these new bars.

Funny, I went back to the old forum for all the great info there when I did my brakes. Good to hear from you!

Squid

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wondered if you'd follow us over here. Welcome Mr. Squid! Still riding after all these years...
Mr. Ors!

Great to hear from you. How many miles do you have on that thing now? Like 189,000?

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Well, in 2019 the '14 had 68k on it when, nearing the Alaska border with a buddy, a trucker decided to run us off the road. We were passing a double tanker when the trucker decided to pull out and pass without looking. :(
The new '18 Ninja just passed 13k miles. Last year was not the best year for travel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, in 2019 the '14 had 68k on it when, nearing the Alaska border with a buddy, a trucker decided to run us off the road. We were passing a double tanker when the trucker decided to pull out and pass without looking. :(
The new '18 Ninja just passed 13k miles. Last year was not the best year for travel.
Damn. Very glad to hear you're still riding!

Reactions: kenors

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
the Squidmaster general. Long time. I'm on my 3rd Ninja and RC had a sex change since you last posted. Other than that same 'ol same ol
got any pics of that Duke?

·
Registered
54 Posts
the Squidmaster general. Long time. I'm on my 3rd Ninja and RC had a sex change since you last posted. Other than that same 'ol same ol
got any pics of that Duke?
lol, that's funny. I thought RC sounded a little different. It has been a looong time. Great to be back.

Reactions: MicMac and Rock

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Nice! That's a sweet bike. Those 890s are said to have sick handling.

Yeah, RC does allot of things different now ;)
good to see you back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice! That's a sweet bike. Those 890s are said to have sick handling.
The maniacs I ride with say I've gone up a level or two in speed. The bike is a hero maker.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Perfect size and torque for the twisties. If I didn't have so many [problems with my SD GT I would look into one as a replacement for the NInja. Just too skiddish given how far the dealer is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hear you. This is my first foray into Orange territory. I hope I'm one of the lucky ones. I've thought about an SD GT to replace my Ninja. Have to see how my buddy's holds up. So far so good after 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
30k? That's a shocker. Has he been to a dealer often? I haven't heard many success stories like that. I really liked mine other than the problems. Not a lover of twins but it was a much more comfortable bike and handled much better. Looked cool as sh*t too IMO.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts