Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
It's funny...after all of this, I'm back to the same thing. I'm going to get the Knight's Design lowering pegs and swap them onto the CBR to give me that extra inch of leg room. It won't have the wind protection of the Ninja, but it will suffice. I already added the Blaze bags. Functional, at least. Who are the good aftermarket seat makers?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not an aggestraion spent 30 minutes on a 2019 GT, keep in mind the gearing is a lot taller on the GT On a roll-on, the KTM in 3rd the Kaw in 2nd, byby kaw

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Well, I think it would be interesting to give the H2 SX a try, but not sure I need one in the garage...I think it's a bike best suited to having a test ride program, as Kawi would most certainly have more people convinced to ride one if they did.
Like my uncle used to say, she's nice for a little bit of fun, but you don't want to marry that one!🤪

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
119 Posts
I currently have an '18 SDR and a '20 1000SX. No contest, the SDR pulls harder in a roll on in any gear--it's a torque monster.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
I currently have an '18 SDR and a '20 1000SX. No contest, the SDR pulls harder in a roll on in any gear--it's a torque monster.
Personally, I try to avoid the twitchy bikes, and it seems to be getting harder with the EU5 restrictions. My dual sport seems really twitchy and I suspect the single cylinder bikes, with only one cylinder to fuel, are the worst. Maybe the engines with more cylinders are better not sure

·
Premium Member
12,455 Posts
It adds 40 hp just like every other bike. Eliminate the restrictions for rpm and noise. On the h2sx, a 40 hp gain is the children's level flash.

The top flash adds more like 60 hp. Didnt 57x bike go from a stock 165hp to 230?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It adds 40 hp just like every other bike. Eliminate the restrictions for rpm and noise. On the h2sx, a 40 hp gain is the children's level flash.

The top flash adds more like 60 hp. Didnt 57x bike go from a stock 165hp to 230?
175 to 240

Kawasaki cut timing and closed the throttle plates at high RPM. Removing those restrictions unleashed a beast.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Must've been nice to blow the doors off of all those R1s and Hayabusas on your "sport touring" bike.
It's all power to weight ratio. Frankly, my 06 GSXR1000 is about as fast since it is so much lighter and has engine work.

2018 HS SX was .48 hp to lb
2006 GSXR1000 is .4805 hp to lb

Including rider, the H2 SX had an advantage, but still close enough.

.3478 to .3217

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
You know if they're really that close, you wonder why they use the technology. I'm wondering if more the supercharger was an experiment in fuel savings I'm passing Euro emissions than anything. But I'm not sure where it worked out on the consumption and the emissions

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It is close because the H2 SX is heavy. My GSXR1000 is over 100 lbs lighter, that and I have pistons, rods, cams, etc in the GSXR1000.

The regular H2 is insane compared to either being so much lighter.

I was hoping we would see Kawasaki put a supercharger on the Ninja 650 or the 400 and add good suspension with sport bike fairings. That would be badass.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
I'd still like to see the 4 cylinder 250 or 300cc come to North america

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
It is close because the H2 SX is heavy. My GSXR1000 is over 100 lbs lighter, that and I have pistons, rods, cams, etc in the GSXR1000.

The regular H2 is insane compared to either being so much lighter.

I was hoping we would see Kawasaki put a supercharger on the Ninja 650 or the 400 and add good suspension with sport bike fairings. That would be badass.
That's exactly my point. Why create the extra horsepower if the thing you are creating cannot overcome its own weight? I suspect that isn't the entire story, though. I suspect a lot of the weight is from building a sport tourer instead of a race bike, like the H2R.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
That's exactly my point. Why create the extra horsepower if the thing you are creating cannot overcome its own weight? I suspect that isn't the entire story, though. I suspect a lot of the weight is from building a sport tourer instead of a race bike, like the H2R.
To be fair, my 06 GSXR1000 is insanely light. A local shop scaled it at 385lbs wet. The bike has lots of lightweight toys on it. I'd still own the H2 SX if the insurance wasn't pushing $3000 a year when I moved to Houston. It's like a freight train.

·
Premium Member
12,455 Posts
There was talk about that when the h2 was introduced. Aparently it's easier to meet emissions requirements with a smaller displacement engine, and a super/turbo charger. So yes, I think you are 100% accurate .

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
67 Posts
I think Kawasaki have very deliberately priced the H2 series out of the price range of 20 year old Rider market. Why so ?
To keep bike deaths out of the newspapers and press. It was not long ago that France relaxed their outright ban on bikes making over 75 KW (100 HP).
This year in Australia motorcycle rider deaths are ballooning up far higher than other groups of road users, and there are plenty here who can afford a H2 Ninja or Z, if they want one.
If the E U were to adopt that 100 HP limit across Europe, the supercharger would be dead for the H2 as it wouldn't make sense to make them.

I think Kawasaki's plan is to use the H2 Series as a real World test bed for much smaller engines that have application in small cars/tractors for the Third World that won't be having electric vehicle options for a very long time. In true mass production ecomonies of scale, the supercharger as part of the motor would be costed down like a muffler or wheels.

Rob.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Costed down or costed right off the table ad an engine option?

141 - 160 of 173 Posts