Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Here is a screen-shot from Gooogle Maps. You can just tell by all the wiggly bends in the image, that there are an abundance of corners :)

Total distance is only 58 kms, but Google estimate it will take 1hr-26min travel time. That gives you an average speed of 41kph. It is not a "high speed" run, but your 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears will get a work out.

Registered
Yeah, I looked it up last night & thought that road was going to have some gravel sections for sure. Thanks again.

Registered
2012 Ninja Z1000SX (Green)
Yeah, I looked it up last night & thought that road was going to have some gravel sections for sure. Thanks again.
I went through there in 2018 for the MotoGP on my Daytona. Was definitely sealed then. Fantastic road, but I was fatigued and starving, so didn't enjoy it. Took well over an hour, but I hadn't eaten since breakfast in Albury and it was past 2pm before I got to Eildon.

I think it is probably better ridden from Eildon to Jamieston as the slow 30/40 km turns can be taken uphill rather than down. My notes say it felt like 50km of slow downward right handers when ridden from the Jamieston end.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts