Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a long cold winter. In a fit of spring fever I was browsing Central Vermont Cycle Sales and came away with a pristine 2013 Ninja 1000. Under 4K miles and completely stock except for a nice Sargent leather seat and brand new Pilot Road 4's. It has been justified it as a "learning experience" as it is more powerful and sophisticated than anything I have ever ridden. I've had a 2006 BMW F650GS (single) dual sport for years - Vermont has a lot of great dirt roads. Vermont also has some nice twisty paved mountain passes. I love the bike, the suspension, the brakes, and the smooth power are spoiling me, Mirror extenders (twisted throttle) and tank grip pads have been added so far. I am trying to adapt to the short gearing, but if I can't, may change the sprockets. No luggage yet - the Beemer still gets used for travel. Compared with what I am accustomed to, the windscreen is great. Insurance is off the charts. I look forward to discussing these and other issues with those on the forum. Glad to be here!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome Vermonter ! I, too, have a '13 N1K. What's the color ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.