Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a long cold winter. In a fit of spring fever I was browsing Central Vermont Cycle Sales and came away with a pristine 2013 Ninja 1000. Under 4K miles and completely stock except for a nice Sargent leather seat and brand new Pilot Road 4's. It has been justified it as a "learning experience" as it is more powerful and sophisticated than anything I have ever ridden. I've had a 2006 BMW F650GS (single) dual sport for years - Vermont has a lot of great dirt roads. Vermont also has some nice twisty paved mountain passes. I love the bike, the suspension, the brakes, and the smooth power are spoiling me, Mirror extenders (twisted throttle) and tank grip pads have been added so far. I am trying to adapt to the short gearing, but if I can't, may change the sprockets. No luggage yet - the Beemer still gets used for travel. Compared with what I am accustomed to, the windscreen is great. Insurance is off the charts. I look forward to discussing these and other issues with those on the forum. Glad to be here!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome to the Home of the Green Mountain Boys

Learning is good for people of our mature age. It keeps the brain mossy and fertile. Smart old dogs can learn new tricks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome Vermonter ! I, too, have a '13 N1K. What's the color ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from a former New Englander.
I grew up across the Connecticut river, in New Hampshire.
Love the country, hate the winters ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Vermonter ! I, too, have a '13 N1K. What's the color ?
Sort of a metallic sparkled black. They probably have some official name for it. I would have preferred green as my wife has a green Versys. The two would have looked good together. But no complaints. Great piece of machinery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts