1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not yet the owner of a N1K but putting some serous thought into it

long story short i used to have a ninja 500, sold it for 3 reasons
1: i was to the point where i was out riding the bike all to often
2: at the end of the day i was just to tired to want to get on my bike and go for a ride
3: the wife wanted wave runners and we did not have a lot of cash

well we are now building a house and buying a piece of property, for tax rite off purposes we are financing a few toys into the house (new car for the wife, new bike for me, ride on lawn mower for the house)

i am up in the air between the N1K and the GSX-S1000 but with my prior experience with kawi i am strongly leaning that way, figured i would join the forum poke around and if/when necessary ask for advice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just purchased a leftover 2014 N1K (10K otd with bags) and have about 350 miles on it now. I can say that most of the complaints about it that you will find on this forum are valid- it dose vibrate a bit and the seat is hard, etc. But I am very happy with it so far and would recommend it to anyone looking for an "old man's sport bike".

The Suzuki has reviewed well but there is less owner feedback on it just yet- I wouldn't be scared of one but the newness of it might be an important thing to consider when making your decision.

The Kawasaki is aimed a bit more toward the "touring" side of the sport touring spectrum, and I confess I was won over by the luggage system. Mine will probably never be ridden without it's saddlebags.

·
Registered
127 Posts
check out the june issue of motor cyclist.they did a comparo of the ninja 1000,suzuki s1000f and Yamaha fj-9.the Suzuki came in last place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts