Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, the Translogic QS kit allows you to shift to the Race shift pattern. Not sure if it can be done without the use of the QS though.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
In theory, this is simple to do. The way it's done is with the shift rod. "All" you do is move one end of the shift rod to the opposite side of it's current attachment point. Doing so makes it so an up motion, on the shift lever, sends the shift rod in a different direction than it currently does...

So, if you were to go to the front point , where the lever attaches to the shift shaft. Remove it, and flip it 180 degrees....instant gp shift. Easy, except theres no room.

Same with the the rear point. If you flip either end, 180 degrees it accomplishes the same thing. Flip them both and you are back where you started from. You cant really do this with stock rearsets. Theres no room for the shift rod . It would hit the engine.
There may be a different set of rearsets that allows for this. I really have not looked.

I know his parts dont have much in common with ours, but the video here shows the idea. Simple and easy if there is enough room.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
137 Posts
With our N1K you'll need to order the GP shifter. Part#: K-250RS-CHAM-L from Sato racing. The description is for Kawasaki Ninja 300 / 250 / Z250 (2013), but it will fit the N1K.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
That piece would do it. It looks like it moves the rod out enough to clear the case, and its built "upside down" compared to the original piece.

I know they show it bolted to their rearsets, but it looks like it works with the stock rearsets as well.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
137 Posts
It does work with the stock rear sets and shifter rod. No modifications needed at all.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
You must have one? You know what else you need? As much as I love spending other peoples money.....this mod is cheap.
Anyone who converts to gp shift actually cares about how their bike shifts.

Under 23.00, all in. I know the description says concours 14, but if you tell Murph "ninja 1000" he will send you those bearings instead . It eliminates a lot of play in the shift lever. Not all, but most. Especially nice as it stops wear on the levers pivot. Less missed shifts and pretty easy to install. Should work for any year ninja 1000.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
137 Posts
Thanks RC, I'll check this out.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
I liked it. I thought about ordering my own bearings, but I talked to Murph before doing so.

I ended up sending him my shift lever and he made the kit around my lever. With the bearings in it shifts as well as it does with aftermarket rearsets.

I wish we could find a way to do this to our clutch levers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I liked it. I thought about ordering my own bearings, but I talked to Murph before doing so.

I ended up sending him my shift lever and he made the kit around my lever. With the bearings in it shifts as well as it does with aftermarket rearsets.

I wish we could find a way to do this to our clutch levers.
What was the turn around time to have him do that with your stock.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
I should have been more clear. I sent my lever in so he could measure it. Once that was done, that was it. You dont need to send yours. He sends you the kit, and you install, at home.

He only had it for a few days. I think he will install them if you dont want to., but it's simple to do yourself.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
The shift levers are low quality. I've done 3 of them. Two were oversized to the point where I had to use loctite. They sell a bearing and stud locking compound to hold the bearings in. Its held up for many years. The third one I had to use a bolt and nut to press them in. No big deal, but it's probably smart to have some of the locking compound available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts