Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the kawasaki oem tank pad and it come in today. So i jump on the task of installing it today. What a fucking nightmare, the pad is transparent for the most part. Instructions say lay it on and align it then work from the center and get the air bubbles out. After first attempt it looked like ****, so i peeled it up and started over , got it own and it didnt look good at the wider part up top, looked like it had smudges on sthe spark black tank, so im thinking i spent 65.00 on this piece of crap, now if the pad had been black insteads of tranparent it wouldnt of looked near as bad. So i looked at it and said this is not going to fly so i peeled it up and cut half of it off, put it back on and still didnt like it, pulled it back off and cut some more reinstalled it and bingo, finally got the look i wanted. Mind you its only 6" long now but i like it and it will keep the belt buckle or zipper from scratching it.

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
Mark,,,,,crap.

These usually look terrible when first installed. After installation, the bubbles work themselves out. Especially if left in the sun for an hour , or so.

Probably way more helpful before....

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually for some reaon a tank protector on a black tank just stands out, or it dont accent nothing, but i like it alot better since i cut off about 50.00 dollars worth lol

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts