Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Got rid of the BT-020's

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mark59 
#1 ·
I am a Bridgestone tire fan for both cars and bikes but after swapping out the OEM BT-020's for BT-016's with a 190/55 in back all I can say is the BT-020's suck. Going with the 55 series in back has been covered a lot but the combination of that with better tires makes for a much better handling bike and I wish I had done it months ago on my '14 N1K. Went for an 80 mile ride thru the Smokies here in NC with the new tires and it was the best ride I've had since I've owned the bike. Grinning like an idiot all the way thru the twisties.

#2 ·
The S20s are actually **** good tires. I've been through the OEM set on my 636 and moved to the Dunlop Q3. It was a great tire as well. But not very neutral. The current set on my 636 is the S20 Evo. I've got 4 intermediate group track days on them and maybe 1000 street miles and they are hosing up great and have dealt with everything I've asked from them, including predictable spins and slides.

I have around 2700 miles on the OEM S20s on my 14 N1K and they are just about 50% through their lifespan. I have a set of S20 Evos waiting to go on before I hit Deals Gap next month. I opted for the 55 rear this time.

#4 ·
I like the bt-016 tires also, had 5800 miles on the original set and i got a new set on now, they stick great i cant complain about them, price was real good to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.