Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently this bike can't be flashes due to encrypted ecu? So... How are we supposed to correct the air /fuel mixture after putting on a full exhaust. And eliminate factory junk settings and fix the horrible throttle response lag.

Assuming because throttle by wire why it's so restricted...

Please tell me there's a PC or flash. Ivan can't do 2020 I guess...

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1k
202 Posts
Have a look at your ECU. You should be able to see the part number on the white label.

If it is any of these ECU Part Numbers, the Woolich should have a solution:
  • 21175-1247 KPHKKPE0
  • 21175-1248 KPHKKPU0
  • 21175-1249 KPHKKPL0
  • 21175-1250 KPHKKPP0
  • 21175-1252 KPHKKPE0

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
I wish you guys could have seen him talk about this on Facebook. This poor guy doesnt follow instructions, or read very well.

He called Ivan about flashing his 2020 ninja 1000. Ivan told him he did not have a flash for the bike, and that his local tuner wouldnt have one, either. Ivan hasn't developed the flash yet, for his system. Woolich hasn't developed one for their system. The poor guy didnt like that answer and called Ivan an arrogant prick ...after all, how could HE know what HIS local timer could do?

Fast forward to today. Poor Josh takes his bike to the local tuner, and guess what? Theres no flash. Theres no 20 hp, like they promised him. Poor Josh went home with his dick in his hand.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have very little doubt that you will need a tune. With an 02 sensor in place the fuel injection system should have enough bandwidth to compensate. If you are concerned, have it dyno'd at a shop that can log your A/F ratio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts