Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum and have been reading through it like a mad man. I've gleaned a wealth of information already, figured I'd introduce myself here.

Went and bought Day Trippin's '14 N1K. I'm coming from a '13 Ninja 650. The 650 was my fourth moto. What an upgrade! I'm in love with this beast of a bike already. It's quite nice just being able to roll on the throttle in any gear, and have it just smoothly accelerate, yet do so quickly. I still have a soft spot for the 650, but I was craving more power, and better suspension(and luggage, haha). There's only so much that can be done with damper rod forks after all. Anyways, that's all for now. I look forward to chattin' about this moto with you all!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Really a lot of great folks here. While your bike is nicely setup, I am sure you can find a few more things to do to it. Just remember if you feel the need for even more power, there is always a header but then then the Brawlers could get pretty loud. As it was they were pretty tame for me most of the time.

Enjoy the bike! I am going to miss it for sure.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No mods planned just yet, other than installing my alarm. It's already got everything I wanted and then some. As for power, it's going to be a long while before I get bored and start chasing more, lol. Assuming that even happens with this bike.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The N1K has plenty of power; I just wish it were a bit more rev happy like a supersport/superbike. Ivan's Flash definitely improves the midrange and reduces engine braking though.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Welcome!

Did Day Trippin tell you all the issues that bike has?? Just kiddin :)
Congrats!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yes, all the stuff I fixed. We had a very open and candid discussion about the bike. The Ninja is amazing bang for the buck, no doubt about it.

Novaks47 seems to be a very avid Kawi enthusiast so I am passing my Ninja torch to him. :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome, Novaks! I'm sure you got a great deal on a bike with all the important mods already done. Lucky you!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
NO torch can be passed without the formal ceremony and initiation :)

I'm sure the bike is in perfect condition. Sounds like you put allot of effort into making it right for you. Now Novaks is the recipient of your efforts!

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Oh no you bought day trippins bike? All i can say is you got a great bike, day trippin put alot of thought and love in that bike. Welcome aboard and enjoy that bike.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome, Novaks! I'm sure you got a great deal on a bike with all the important mods already done. Lucky you!
For sure! Once I saw it was blue(my 650 is blue as well,lol), and knew it had the Ivan's flash, it was pretty much sold. :D The rest was just icing on the cake.

Yep, I love Kawi's. I think for street riding, they're hard to beat. They always seem to be that nice compromise/balance between performance and comfort. I also like how they're put together. They're very easy to work on. When I checked the valve clearances on the 650, I was surprised at how easy it was. Sure, it took a while, but wasn't difficult in the slightest. The 1000 looks just as easy to wrench on. In fact, the fairings look even easier to pull!

I've had 3 Yamaha's, and now 2 Kawi's. I like the Kawi's the most, although I still have my WR250R that I've modded the **** out of, and wouldn't trade for anything. But, that's a different type of moto for a different purpose. After all, one moto just doesn't cut it. If I had the space and money, I'd have a whole fleet! But alas, I need space for the cars too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
828 Posts
You'll be a good "replacement" here for me on the board so to speak. I am just a bit further down the car and bike addiction curve than you are. :D I ended up with the fleet of bikes and cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts