Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My one year is coming to an end in a couple weeks. Have to decide if I want the Kawasaki ext warranty. Any thoughts? What have others paid. Got offered 4 yr for approx 600 from dealer....

I ALWAYS say no to ext warranties, but figured I would ask first. Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
That's about what I was quoted when I bought my '14 in Brandon, Fl. There's always room in that price for negotiations. Dealer is Hebeler's?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya Mikey its Hebelers. I do like the fact that its transferable, but I would imagine I could fix an awful lot for 600 bucks... Has anyone really seen any major issues pop up on '11 or '12 Ninja 1k's yet? Didn't see too much online

·
Registered
78 Posts
I passed on my extended warranty too. If I had a Ducati it might be worth it since they are notorious for having issues, especially electrical. My 2011 Kawasaki has been rock solid so far.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hebelers I think is a good dealership. I use them for Suzuki parts for a '79 GS1000S I'm slowly restoring. Glad to see they've acquired KTM also.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
I've been reading about this bike since 2011. I've yet to see a post with anythign going wrong that was owner caused..nothing. A few people have gone back for service, and maybe had the tech glance at somehting. I remember a few posts talking about the clutch making noise. There was zero chance of me extending the warranty...on nay motorcycle.

I had a tire pressure sensor replace on my Kawasaki concourrs 14 just because it was under warranty. It was in un-needed, and cost was about 143.00. I did it just because the warranty was ending.

I'd not even pay 200.00 to extend the one on my ninja. At 200, maybe you could talk about resale value...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts