Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming up on 6k miles on the OEMs, and the tires are toast. Anyone know of any good deals going around right now?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Coming up on 6k miles on the OEMs, and the tires are toast. Anyone know of any good deals going around right now?
Make sure you go to a 190/55 on the rear with whatever you decide to go with...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Dennis Kirk has the best pricing on most tires and cheap shipping. ($5 per tire) Got my Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's there for way cheaper than I could find anywhere else. Stay away from Revzilla or Motorcycle Superstore. They are always more expensive.

If you have specifics about what kind of riding you do, we can make more specific recommendations. Otherwise people may be recommending sport touring tires when you want something with more traction, or vice versa.

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Denis Kirk also has an amazing closeout section, for all kinds of things. I don't like their Web site, but it's well worth digging into it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up ordering as set of pilot road 4's from Rocky Mountain ATV, heard about them from the rider forums. Dennis Kirk had the same prices but RMATV had free shipping!

·
Registered
888 Posts
We are lucky near where I live. We have a store that has prices that always beat online pricing unless there is a bulk sale. Plus they offer free mounting and balancing when you buy tires from them if you bring the wheels off the bike. It is always a no-brainer for me, even when I can save a few bucks. People are charging up to $35 per wheel for mount/balance around here now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ended up ordering as set of pilot road 4's from Rocky Mountain ATV, heard about them from the rider forums. Dennis Kirk had the same prices but RMATV had free shipping!
That should be a "Free 3 day Shipping".

We are lucky near where I live. We have a store that has prices that always beat online pricing unless there is a bulk sale. Plus they offer free mounting and balancing when you buy tires from them if you bring the wheels off the bike. It is always a no-brainer for me, even when I can save a few bucks. People are charging up to $35 per wheel for mount/balance around here now.
Your definitely lucky. Around the Portland/Vancouver area it's getting to the point where if you don't buy the tires from them, they won't mount them at all.

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
The tire changing looks and sounds so difficult, but is something anyone can master.

You don't need a machine. Three tire irons will do it. Breaking the beaspd is not much fun, but it's doable.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
RC, what type of rim protection do you use?

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Zaph, I always try to change mien , in the summer, and I'll leave them in the hot sun for a few hours. Even that helps, but I'll bet a warmer is amazing.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
This increasing the temperature, be it the ambient temp or through a warmer applies to changing hand grips as well,,.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Video from MC Garage (pretty sure its made by Motion Pro) for the Motion Pro bead breakers: they say before starting to remove the tire, leave your wheel/bike out in the sun for an hour if you can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts