Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have finally decided to get a Ninja 1000. I currently ride a fZ6 and a FZ07. I test rode a 2012 Ninja and loved it compared to the Fj09. I wanted something with bags and a sport feel. I did the million dollar highway run on my FZ07 and it was fun but just sucked a bit not having bags to carry things instead of using my back pack. Traction control would have helped a bit too since it was snowing a bit on the peaks.
I have decided to get a 2015 because i like the green and the bags really look nice with this bike. I waited for the 2016 but not a fan of the red. Right now dealers around me are still trying to sell the bike for 11,999 for a 2015. So looks like I might have to go out of state for the bike. Got quoted 10,399 otd price if I go to Colorado. But does not include bags. My plan is to pick one up in January for sure, but I do need to sell some bikes first. If I find a deal that I'm happy with I guess I will add another to the collection of 3 street bikes and 2 dirt bikes (Wife rides too).

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Awesome... happy bike hunting! Welcome to the forum and let us know what you come up with.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome! Don't buy the Ninja, it is a piece of junk! ;)

What area are you in? There are some very good deals depending on the region you are in. You mentioned Colorado but it didn't seem like you were from that area.

A lot of good info on the forum hear about the bike. Like all bikes, it has some issues but most are easily corrected if they bother you enough. The FJ09 was on my list as well. I came this close >< to buying one. Glad I ended up with the Ninja than the FJ.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I talked to a dealer yesterday and check this out. First they told me they dropped the price by 1500, but the price with fees was 12,934 (tax, title, not included). That is without bags. I swear they just make up the difference in fees. The dealer I am getting my wife's versys 650 from only charges 90 bucks for fees and price cut the bike to 7,400 for the 2015. I would just have to pay tax, title and license for my state. That is a lot better than what I was quoted locally for the same year ($9,340). I asked and they didn't have any Ninja's but they might get a 2016, but it will be black, and full price. Since it just came out.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I used to live in ABQ, great area to ride. Check Arizona too. The dealers here in SoCal practically tear you a new one with all the add-on BS fees. I found in Arizona they do the same but start with a lower price. Check Goodyear powersports or whatever their name is. They'll try and jerk you around a bit but if you keep at them you can get a better price.

FYI - the used market is pretty good on these. That is what I ultimately went with. It was low miles and still under warranty AND the dealer couldn't try and jack me around with all the BS fees; 1k freight, $900 prep, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about looking back home in Central Cal but my uncle told me the market is not too great. I talked to a dealer in Arizona already just waiting on a price with bags. I'll keep looking for a used one also.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm in ABQ, you can take mine with bags, gel seats, tidy tail, new michelin PR3's, and heated grips. I've got just under 9k miles.
PM me if you'd like to come and see it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My '14 had a $900 freight charge and a $800 setup charge. I paid it because I didn't care what the fees were, just the final number when it was all said and done; $9475.
Langston Motorsports, Perris, CA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts