Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 N1K
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new magnetic tank bag and thought I’d share the pictures in case anyone else wanted one.
My old (15+ years old) Marsee Ultra 30 liter bag was getting a little rough around the edges. I loved the durability and flexibility of this bag; collapsed to less than 1/2 the size, but expanded to 30l with a quick zip. I took the suggestion of someone here (rcannon) and installed Tank Slapper film to prevent scratches:

So I wanted something that could expand, and hold a lot. I love the design of the SWMotech bags, but they didn’t seem to expand that much. I need something that can fit 2-3 containers from Moe’s!

So I bought the largest capacity bag I could find, FORTY LITERS! Very flexible and seemed like a worthy successor to my Marsee bag. Here are the stock photos

and here it is on the Ninja
Small Bag only (large bag placed on the tear:

Large bag only, small bag set on the rear seat

And here it is with both bags attached, and the larger bag is expanded (maximum capacity mode):

It blocks most of the instrument panel in this configuration….I don’t see myself using it like this very often, but I can if I need to!

I use it with only the larger bag most of the time. 25 liters is more than I usually need
My only complaint is that the Givi bag only uses 4 magnets. The Marsee used eight(!). It’s not going anywhere, but it’s not as stable as the Marsee (which had a larger footprint and a shorter overall height). The zippers are also very small, so they are harder to start and pull. The Marsee zippers were huge gauge zips you could start with one hand.

-Oliver

·
Premium Member
15,022 Posts
You bought the GOOD film. I bought their film, back in 2010. That was before I realized the stuff was transparent and didnt require amazing , precision cuts. It was expensive, but it's still on my concours 14 and looks...well, there is no look. Its not yellow. A superior product.

·
Registered
2014 N1K
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You bought the GOOD film. I bought their film, back in 2010. That was before I realized the stuff was transparent and didnt require amazing , precision cuts. It was expensive, but it's still on my concours 14 and looks...well, there is no look. Its not yellow. A superior product.
Thanks! Great to know it holds up well. This forum is such a great resource. The Tankslapper set I got, which covers the whole tank, was only $20!

I still think the SW Motech City bag looks much better, and has a better 'integrated' look on this bike, but I'm being cheap (here is an image taken from another thread)....it is nearly triple the price of what I got after adding the cost of the mounting ring, and it had less than 1/2 the capacity.....

ring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.