Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My conundrum:

Just bought a 2014 Ninja and want to get a top box and panniers. Top boxes, while ugly, are a) very handy for everyday storage, b) they keep the bike narrow for lane filtering and c) my pillion likes to have something behind her when riding (ooh pardon). Panniers are a must-have for touring when we head off for a weekend away.

However, while the new integrated Kawasaki genuine panniers for the 2014 Ninja 1000 (z1000sx) look great (no ugly frame), it is not possible to combine them with a top box at the same time.

So, I believe my options are:

1. Get a Givi after-market top box and pannier kit from the 2011-2013 Ninja 1000 (V47 47L top box, M7 plate, 4100FZ arms, PLXR4100 frame, V35 panniers) and have a big ugly frame hanging off my bike all the time (no offence to those who have this setup, it’s very functional) at a cost of around $1200 fitted.
2. Go without a top box and get those beautiful integrated Kawasaki panniers fitted for around $1650 and have no frame attached to the bike.

So my questions are:

1. Will the Givi aftermarket kit for the 2011-13 Ninja fit the 2014 model?
2. If so, have I included all the correct required parts above?
3. Is there ANY option for a top box (after market or genuine) to be paired with the genuine Kawa panniers?
4. Which of these options would you recommend (particularly if you have one of the above mentioned setups)?

Appreciate your advice.

Cheers
Reece

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the 2014 n1k with the givi quick detach frame for the v35 side cases with the v47 top case. The kit for the 2013 model WILL fit the 2014, that's what I have on my bike. I ride with the top case all the time and use the side cases for touring. The wife loves having the back rest of the top case and it is so convenient. The quick release side cases come off and the frame is removed in 30 seconds. Super easy. I have everything color matched to the bike as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
The 2014 factory panniers are not compatible with any top case that I'm aware of. Plus they are only 28 liters vs the givi v35's which are 35 liters each. Add in the 47 liter top case and you have 117 liters of packability! Enough for anyone I think. Not to mention that my entire setup cost less than the overpriced bags from Kawasaki. The givi monokey system uses 1 key for all the cases so it's very convenient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts