Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've just received my 2022 bike and need to raise the gear shifter slightly, I'm accustomed to adjusting normal shifters but not ones fitted with a quickshifter. I'm struggling to undo the nut at the front end of the rod (not the very front one but the one nearer the center, does this need undoing? Will adjusting the height affect the operation of the quickshifter?
Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
It won't change anything about how the switch works. For sure you should set this to where it's most comfortable, for you.

I have not seen a good, close up pic. Typically , one of the nuts is threaded, backwards. If you don't identify which one, this can be very difficult!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi all, I've just received my 2022 bike and need to raise the gear shifter slightly, I'm accustomed to adjusting normal shifters but not ones fitted with a quickshifter. I'm struggling to undo the nut at the front end of the rod (not the very front one but the one nearer the center, does this need undoing? Will adjusting the height affect the operation of the quickshifter?
Thanks for any help.
I lowered the gear shifter when I lowered the foot pegs and it didn't affect the Quickshifter.

Yes one of these nuts is reverse threaded, I don't recall which one. Based on the description in your picture it's probably the nut to the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your help guys, the rear end of the black barrel has flats on it for a spanner so I was to undo the tight nut, all was obvious after that !!
Thanks again.
Dave
I need to make the same adjustment and want to make sure I do it right. Did you loosen just the two nuts in the photo, or did you loosen the one on the rear of the black barrel as well. Also, did you twist the bar where the round bit is in your photo? The black barrel does not twist, correct? I think i get it based on the conversation above, but I figure better to ask for clarification now than regret not asking later. Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Often times a reverse threaded nut, or bolt will have a mark on it. A line running across it...something to clue you in to it being different .

Reactions: PDP
1 - 9 of 9 Posts