Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought them for my 2020 SX and I had the modify them to work with the redesigned exhaust and bodywork.
The bars are very high quality and came with some of the best packaging I have ever had the pleasure of removing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have one for my 2017. The one caveat to putting this onto your bike is that you make the fairing removal process a very involved and time-consuming one because of the way this crashbar is mounted. You ideally need two pairs of hands to make it easier... but can manage it alone if you are patient and careful.
These are much better than just sliders because the cage protects your engine covers pretty well at most decent speeds (untested of course :) )

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought them for my 2020 SX and I had the modify them to work with the redesigned exhaust and bodywork.
The bars are very high quality and came with some of the best packaging I have ever had the pleasure of removing.
Just ordered my bike and was looking at the pics on Gaza website and it appears the belly pan is different on the 2020. Was it much of a job to do the mods? Pics would be appreciated as ordering from Australia is a bit of a pain if it doesn’t work. Thanks in advance... G

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
To me they are too expensive. These are made for a crash. The rest of your bike is totaled, but heck my engine s still good.

·
Registered
100 Posts
To me they are too expensive. These are made for a crash. The rest of your bike is totaled, but heck my engine s still good.
This won't help much on a highside....probably better than sliders but not much beyond that.

But they pay for themselves the first time you low-side the bike...
I've figured the cost of replacing/repairing the parts affected by a lowside is way more that the cost of the bars... at least for me...

If the bike is totaled, I'd be happy if I can walk away from it without too much damage...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
This won't help much on a highside....probably better than sliders but not much beyond that.

But they pay for themselves the first time you low-side the bike...
I've figured the cost of replacing/repairing the parts affected by a lowside is way more that the cost of the bars... at least for me...

If the bike is totaled, I'd be happy if I can walk away from it without too much damage...
Guess it depends on your insurance coverage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fireman1028 my 2021 is coming in next week . Would you please let me know what mod you did to get them to clear the headers. I am mostly getting them to mount. Some highway pegs. My Z900 had these mounted but did not connect them across just cut them and added some black caps to cover the cuts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Honda of Russellville has since dropped the price on my Z 900 to $5800 OBO. They gave me $4500. On a trade for a 2020 Africa Twin 1100
I had this Naked set up for long distance houligan touring. I loved the bike but wanted cruise control. Notice I added a Superbike taller bar

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fireman1028 my 2021 is coming in next week . Would you please let me know what mod you did to get them to clear the headers. I am mostly getting them to mount. Some highway pegs. My Z900 had these mounted but did not connect them across just cut them and added some black caps to cover the cuts
I did the same thing with my bars. The lower fairing and headers are different from the <19' models.
There are still 3 points of contact, so I feel confident that they will provide sufficant protection in the event of a low-side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you. I will go this route if Gaza says they not coming out with a different cage for 20 up Ninja 1000SX anytime soon

·
Registered
54 Posts
I exchanged some emails with them once I found the fitment issues. They did say that they would come out with a revised set for the >20' plus, once they are able to get ahold of one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe if they hear from more than you and I? Anyone else want to go this route please contact them on Ebay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It does not sound like they will come out with a new model cage anytime soon so I just ordered the 19 model. What did you use to cut it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
It does not sound like they will come out with a new model cage anytime soon so I just ordered the 19 model. What did you use to cut it?
Hacksaw with a metal blade.

I wouldn't be able to weave in traffic as well with these...maybe I should get them for my own good...
It will weave just fine with them. They don't stick out any further than the mirrors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts