Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
That is seriously cool. It's in a perfect position.

When I clicked on the link, its asking me to log in? Maybe I'm the stupid one as I cant click a link properly?

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's pretty cool, I notice it comes with a power cord? Will it support wireless charging (I have Note10+?) Not a lot of info for us English speakers on that site. I've not understood why someone would rock a Garmin over Android Auto/Waze, am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Looks like the power cord just feeds the USB ports on the phone holder version.

I don't have a need for the mounting bracket, but I do like that it makes the windscreen sit quite a distance forward of the mount. I've been thinking about installing spacers to do the same thing. It'll help the screen clear my Apex bar setup at opposite lock. Main thing though is with direct mounting, the screen just sits too close to the rider to work well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It was cheap enough I bought one anyway. As soon as payment was taken, a "page under maintenance" notice flashed on the screen, which did not instill confidence in the site. Guess I'll wait a month and see what happens.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's pretty cool, I notice it comes with a power cord? Will it support wireless charging (I have Note10+?) Not a lot of info for us English speakers on that site. I've not understood why someone would rock a Garmin over Android Auto/Waze, am I missing something?
I just bought the bracket and used the wiring and mounting from Garmin.

I like Android and stuff, but that is really not the same thing. It's not easy to explain, but among other things... Garmin displays a ton of information and makes guidance kind of idiot proof; the display is easy to see and okay with hours of direct sun or rain; it doesn't recalculate while moving if you don't want to, you can specifically call for "adventurous" routing. It seems to know a lot about motorcyclists behavior, from what I've seen so far, giving you warm leads towards windy roads, notice of helmet rule changes, and motorcycle related sites nearby.

So, to get to work quickly, Waze may still be the way...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just bought the bracket and used the wiring and mounting from Garmin.

I like Android and stuff, but that is really not the same thing. It's not easy to explain, but among other things... Garmin displays a ton of information and makes guidance kind of idiot proof; the display is easy to see and okay with hours of direct sun or rain; it doesn't recalculate while moving if you don't want to, you can specifically call for "adventurous" routing. It seems to know a lot about motorcyclists behavior, from what I've seen so far, giving you warm leads towards windy roads, notice of helmet rule changes, and motorcycle related sites nearby.

So, to get to work quickly, Waze may still be the way...
I have been researching a lot of these and considered a lot of the cheaper options and even set up my mobile phone on a holder to use it - but have pretty much decided I am going to get the Garmin unit as well.
I ordered the bracket and might configure my phone onto it and see how that goes first. i really like the location the devices end up in with this bracket.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just ordered one of these also. It does look like the perfect GPS mount for this bike. The shipping information made me chuckle. Should be here in a month...or maybe 2 1/2.

Product Rectangle Azure Font Parallel

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just ordered one of these also. It does look like the perfect GPS mount for this bike. The shipping information made me chuckle. Should be here in a month...or maybe 2 1/2.
I ordered mine on the 20th of September, in hand by 2nd of October.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can the windshield go down into the lowest position with this gps bracket ?
yes it will, it might block a very little at top of the TFT display depending on your height in the seat though, i'm 6' tall and hove no issue if i run in lowest position

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wondering if my tom Tom 550 would work on that
The rider 550 Motorcycle mounting kit has a bracket that at worst you might have to relocate some holes and or add a spacer but at best will just screw right on - In this pic just don't attach the ball mount and screw it straight to the bracket

Font Art Rectangle Circle Pattern

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Will this fit a ‘16 N1K? The link / info doesn’t mention the year(s) it fits. ???

1 - 20 of 45 Posts