Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,057 Posts
The fce was a heck of a good product, and its price was, what, maybe 125?

700 sucks, but you dont need the filter, or block off plates. If it stops the need to want a new bike, whats the savings there? I dont know the stats on how much a person loses on a bike trade, but it has to be in the thousands.

700 is a whole three payments on something new. Sucks to have to do this, but in the long run its cheap.

Reactions: NinjaLust

·
Premium Member
14,057 Posts
Here's the thing. Bikes got expensive. Liter bikes were 11,000 back in 2004. That's close to the price of a ninja 1000 now.

Kawasaki let us in cheap, and the 2014 is much improved. However, the cost of a sorted sport touring is way closer to 15k, new. Expecting 15k for 10 won't work well.

·
Premium Member
14,057 Posts
Yeah, I was looking for a used 2014 when I found the 2011 with super low miles at a very reasonable price. I'm not in the $10k price range much less $15k. I'll probably slowly tweak on it. If it had the Ivans fix and some suspension work it would be near perfect.

Ive done just what your list says (ivans work and suspension). The bike is nearly perfect for what I'm looking for.

I really think Kawasaki did a dis-service to this bike in trying to keep its price so low. For another 500, suspension could have been so much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts