Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Against other naked bikes it might, ill keep my fairings and wind screen.

Reactions: Ishikawa

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
I liked the old fz1. Actually, Id build one of those up before buying a new one.

4500, used, leaves a lot of room for mods.

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
Heres was a concernign passage from Performance Bikes testing the mt 10.

"Low end is strong and smooth, though pulling right off the bottom (sub 3000 rpm) invokes a shuddering vibration if you crack the throttle in a higher gear."

·
Registered
711 Posts
I love the looks of it, but as much as I like the naked bike, I enjoy the wind coverage of the fairings/shield.

Reactions: Ishikawa

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Heres was a concernign passage from Performance Bikes testing the mt 10.

"Low end is strong and smooth, though pulling right off the bottom (sub 3000 rpm) invokes a shuddering vibration if you crack the throttle in a higher gear."
Maybe the torque curve is such that you can actually downshift unlike the Ninja. MY Tuono hated doing low revs in a higher gear even during decel, so I would never even put myself in that situation. I think that's more evidence this thing was tuned down for the street and might actually be a positive instead of a negative. On the track another story, but that's what an R1s for.

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
Good point, Rock.

Heres my thought. The 2015 r1 dies not make great peak hp, anyway, and in full tune. The euro version is better, but the US version is 158hp. Its here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=2015+r1+dyno+chart&safe=off&tbm=isch&imgil=zRXO0hCe0t_AhM%3A%3BB2pCX3ZtUBFiSM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.motorcycle.com%252Fmanufacturer%252Fyamaha%252Fyamaha-r1%252F2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-tested-dyno.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=zRXO0hCe0t_AhM%3A%2CB2pCX3ZtUBFiSM%2C_&usg=__dvlayqbv8s7rs863mzsFxzRnQn4=&biw=1093&bih=451&ved=0ahUKEwj2tKrOuqDNAhUK2WMKHehrCa4QyjcIMA&ei=3URcV7bSFYqyjwPo16XwCg#imgrc=zRXO0hCe0t_AhM:

Thought 1, if its retuned, how did they get good low to mid and not give up everything up top?

Thought 2. Perhaps the track oriented r1 is made weak, down low, on purpose?

It will be cool to see, no matter what, but I dont see it matching the BMW

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
The R1 vs. the S1000RR, or the FZ10 vs. the S1000R?
I think in either case the beamer will have it beat.

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
2017 bmw will be interesting. A 2016 model, that was not new, did not need to meet euro 4 standards.

So, the 2016 zx10 kawasaki was slower, but it did meet the new noise and emissions standards being as it was re done, and was required to meet the new standard.

Next year means all need to meet. There are exceptions, but it sounds like a pita to get an exception. BMW should slow down and/or get heavier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts