Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Very rare! Laser Xtreme Stainless & Titanium Quad Exhaust from the Netherlands!

I'm fortunate to have residence in both the US and EU, and can bring back with me goodies that are just impossible to come by in the US as it was either never imported here or European sellers just are unwilling to ship to the US.

Since I got my bike last year I have been on the search for the rarest parts I can find. This exhaust was one of them. It's a polished stainless (inox) quad asymmetric silencer with titanium collectors and carbon fiber heal guard, made by Laser Exhaust out of the Netherlands, whom have now since been dissolved. Very high quality fit and finish. I purchased it brand new and I've had it on the bike for only about 300 miles and it's in absolute brand new condition, not a scratch, mark or imperfection anywhere on it. I even have the original box and packaging with the European Union compliance placard.

Due to the unique shape and size of the each pipe within exhaust cluster it has a very, very unique sound. Currently with the DB killers installed, it's maybe only slightly louder than stock, with a bit more deeper bass-y sound to it, and under deceleration it makes the bike sound like an AMG v8 with deep gurgles and burbles (no pops!).

I absolutely love this exhaust and really have no desire to get rid of it, it really fit's the line of these bikes and is reminiscent of the 70s Z1's stock silencers. However, over the winter vacation while I was abroad I was able to track down an ever rarer exhaust setup for this bike and brought it back with me in my suit case ;-) and I think I'm gonna run those for a while.

I know for certain that it will fit all Z1000 from 2010 to current, and all Ninja 1000 from 2011 to 2019, basically any Ninja/Z with the dual outlet resonator. I cannot say if it will clear the factory Kawasaki hard case panniers on the Ninja, probably doesn't, but I do know that it will clear the SW-Motec Blaze semi-rigid pannier system without any clearance or heat issues.

I'm asking $380 plus actual shipping costs. I'm back in the states and can ship out immediately. These were originally $700 euro, and I don't think you'll find another set of these (at least in this condition) for a while or ever. PM me if interested. See images below. I'll try my best to borrow a Go-Pro

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to add, I'm in Southern California, if you're local you're welcome to take a look at it

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Ok, what the hell do you have that looks better than these? Theres no way....you cant take these off this bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, what the hell do you have that looks better than these? Theres no way....you cant take these off this bike.
I know! I'm gonna keep them on until the weekend to take some videos / sounds clips for those interested and then swap out with the new ones on. The new ones are also quads exhaust (wouldn't consider anything else!) and also made by Laser but are the GP style pie-cut look, which are smaller and a bit lighter. I just hope they sound similar, or at least not too much louder since Laguna Seca has a strict 90db limit and I have tickets for a track day in June. Per the data-card in the box these should be 85db with the db-killer installed, so not too much louder than stock, just a different tone from the unequal length resonators.

I've asked to borrow my neighbor's go-pro for tomorrow and should have a video up shortly.

I've included a side by side comparison of both exhausts. Technically the one's I'm selling are much less common, I have yet to see another set for sale since I bought them and I have been looking regularly on the German Z forums and local classifieds for various out of production and NLA Z1000 parts. The new GP styles ones I have can be found from time to time as there were a lot more of them sold since they were the cheaper option. The next rare exhaust I'm trying to get my hands on is the Leo Vince GP-Pro for the 3rd gen Z1000. I have yet to see a pair come up within the past year that I've been looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
I guess it's ok, as long as you are switching to that. As if you need my permission...both look really good, but I prefer the old set. I've seen similar systems on the Webike japan site, but the cost there is way more than you are asking. I always liked this one, but the cost is at least double of what you are asking, not to mention the shipping charge.

https://japan.webike.net/products/21872737.html

·
Registered
259 Posts
I’m with Roland. Is it even legal to show pictures of them on the forum? Makes me want to buy a bike that I can put those on

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Good news! I spoke with President Trump. He will be deported if he removes the exhausts! I know, he usually doesnt get involved in things like this, but some problems are too large to ignore.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got around to recording the videos. I'm posting 4 below, one of the bike warmed up, another with a ride-along, a walk around and also a cold start.

I apologize that I don't really redline the bike, I live next to an elementary school and I don't want to be "that guy". And again the go-pro is not the best when it comes to audio, especially when moving, but the first video with the bike already warmed up sounds pretty spot on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is video 2 with the ride along, about 50 seconds in and onward you can hear the deceleration burble I was referring to in my original post, it's very subtle but definitely audible when you're riding. The video sounds a bit drone-y, but that due to the camera placement and close proximity to mufflers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SOLD

I'm curious to see how they look on the fully faired Ninja, buggywu7 please post a pic when you get them on the bike.

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Yes, me too. I would imagine 7000-8000rpm might be helpful for the kids. Not too loud to scare them, but enough to help them become interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Questions
Will this fit a 2017 ninja 1000 ?
Does it block the passenger pegs ?

Interested. I crashed mine and scuffed up the stock pipes-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts