Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to change the front sprocket on my n1k was curious as to what size socket I'm gonna need for it. Seems 22mm is what I found for a z1000

·
Registered
50 Posts
27 mm, or 1+1/16"

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd say reusing the nut is just fine, but it would be prudent to replace the lock washer (I never have, though).

·
Registered
58 Posts
If your removal of that nut is like mine was, have a long cheater bar to slip on your breaker bar and good 6 point socket.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If your removal of that nut is like mine was, have a long cheater bar to slip on your breaker bar and good 6 point socket.
What great advice! I was hoping my impact wrench would make this job easier but it didn't have enough torque to break it loose. Fortunately, I had a HF breaker bar handy that bailed me out. Even with that, it was a bit of a struggle but after a bit of wrangling, I got it loose. It helped also that I had a 27mm socket in my tool box so no worries about rounding off the nut.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After I remove the front sprocket how much harder is it to remove the tire to replace rotor on the rear?
I have all the tools. And is there any chain alignment or anything I'll need to do after I install new sprocket or put rim back on

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
Alighment takes care of itself when you match the marks on each side of the swingarm.

Go ahead with your rear tire removal. We can talk you through the trouble spots , if needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts