Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Thanks for the advice guys, the cement seems the way to go, which will save me either having to carefully try and remove the fender which seems problematic or remove the front wheel to get the fender out. 馃憤

Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
That cement works. I'm not sure you could rip it off. Mines been on for over 10 years .
Yep had both front and rear pyramid and both flew off some place. I even used heavy 3m on the rear, nope one day look back any it is gone. Sadly the install kit is weak, won't buy again.

Also, contacted customer service about the loss of the fenders and got a big finger when I asked for a replacement. So will not do Bussiness with them again. Sad but just a heads up.

Reactions: rcannon409

Premium Member
Don't you hate that? If they would have told you to buy an optional glue, or adhesive, you would have. Don't they recommend you drill it and use nuts and bolts?

Reactions: Riv

Premium Member
When I did the pvc cement, I made sure I could attach woodworking clamps as it dried. It didnt take long, but it's not a good gap filler like e6000 glue is .....or is it e3000? Not sure if you can get a clamp in there with the tire on? Having the fender in place might've a positive at that point?

No problems on the refund, but processing times are high due to Covid and the labor market. The chip shortage also factors in,as expected.

• Haha
Reactions: Teakwood

Premium Member
There are some applications when I just don't trust DS tape or glue and this is one of them. A couple of stainless 6-32 x 1/4" screws with nuts never let me down.

Premium Member
Ken, I'm usually in the same mindset. I don't like attached pieces that are not 100% secure. I didn't here because I had some proof that the glue joint was strong.

A friend had given me a broken c14 fender. I wanted it because he had a "blue one" extender on it. A forum member built these, oversize. They damn near drag the ground. The radiator protection it offers is amazing. No big deal. Pop the extender off and transfer to my good fender. What could go wrong? Lol

Both the fender, and the extender must be made from some type of PVC plastic because they will not come apart, once glued. I ended up breaking the fender before the glued joint gave up.

I had to use an angle grinder to remove the old fender from the extender. Once I ground into the joint, it was one piece. Like the parts melted together.

Reactions: kenors

Premium Member
ABS glue works the same, it's a plastic weld and as strong as the plastic itself. I've used it to repair fairing pieces. I've used it to repair fairing tabs with good success.

I used to make my own front fender extenders by taking my bike's front fender to a local bike shop that used to have literally hundreds of after market plastic fenders for dirt bikes. I'd find one that perfectly fit the width and radius of my fender and cut off just what I needed to get close to the ground. I always used screws/nuts to secure it. When I got the Fenda Extenda for the Ninja I stuck it in place, drilled and bolted it.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: Riv and rcannon409
21 - 29 of 29 Posts