Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This does not look right: has a cover plate fallen off this connector, leaving exposed wiring?

Take a look at your own bikes, from the riding position it's easily visible under the RH bar just inboard of the master cylinder clamp.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yup mine came that way. An oversight by the fit and finish people at Kawi.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This does not look right: has a cover plate fallen off this connector, leaving exposed wiring?

Take a look at your own bikes, from the riding position it's easily visible under the RH bar just inboard of the master cylinder clamp.
I saw this on my first ride yesterday and spend a good 5 mins searching for where the cover might have fallen off!!

I really do wonder why they did not finish it. Also, will there be any issues if it remains like this and you are riding in the wet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
enclosed spaces open the the atmosphere attracts moisture and subsequently corrosion... especially electrical contacts...

There's another bike I have, a Pulsar 220cc single cylinder, that has hall-effect sensors for every switch... no corrosion at all... but a strong magnet might cause trouble

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
It's not a part that causes trouble. It is a complete piece of ****, for sure, but it is reliable and fairly fool proof. Very easy to clean, too, of it ever does get dirty. Its light and compact. Being that it rarely causes problems, it's not worth worrying about. Kawasaki has used this switch on all their full sized bikes, for many years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
4:1 Heat Shrink

Some black 4:1 heatshrink tubing would clean this right up

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Final solution: an application of dielectric grease on those exposed wires, then tape over the open connector. Five minutes of work. Easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts