Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Which frame sliders did you end up going with? Do you still like them? I worried that the large size of the puck on the SW Motech would hinder airflow and look unpleasant. I'm curious as to your experience if you ended up installing them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ended up going with the R&G after I was able to find them on eBay for $170. I really like the way they installed and how they look. I'm with you as far as having more than one mounting point to spread the crash forces.

Water landing crash? wow. I had a low end slide on the right side. Only plastic rash but it cost about $800 to replace hence I got the sliders. Doubt they will protect the plastic but at least they'll protect the engine parts.... hopefully

·
Registered
45 Posts
oh man. It was purely a lucky moment for me. Ebay only had 2 of them available, so they must have sold the other one. I was worried about shenanigans, but they arrived on time and installed perfectly so I can't complain.

But now that they are in place I think the more discreet the better. I'm glad I didn't get the SW motech or the Puig Pro because the larger puck would have been a little unsightly IMHO.

If I had to do it over again and the R&Gs weren't available, I probably would have gone with a tubular set that mounted in two spots, say, like the Satos or equivalent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.