Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
It appears they wasted two of the three outlets, which aren't needed. Actually why even use the three opening slip-on, it's just straight exhaust isn't it?

Registered
It's sort-of an MV Agusta copy, although I think the idea looks better on the MV.锟
That's what I was going to say. Looks like they tried to rip off MV Agusta and failed miserably.

Registered
Toce (pronounced toe-che) is a popular slipon around Houston. Italian company, hence the pronunciation. Yes, they are all straight pipe and obnoxious. People use them to argue "look Officer, my bike has a muffler".

Premium Member
Kinda makes Kawasaki's original exhaust design (pre 2000) seem pretty good.

Reactions: Bc2 and rcannon409

Registered
Yep .... They're on Amazon under other names
Check an example here
The Toce brand makes both slipon and full systems and they are insanely expensive. Nothing like paying almost $1000 for a straight pipe slipon.

Registered
Toce (articulated toe-che) is a well known slipon around Houston. Italian organization, thus the elocution. Indeed, they are straight line and offensive. Individuals use them to contend "look Officer, my bicycle has a suppressor".

Registered
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone on here has the stock exhaust still, but they painted the shields black, I like that look but can't remember who it was.

Thinking of doing that myself but no idea what kind of paint he used and was curious.

Anyone else know who I'm speaking of?

Registered
Someone on here has the stock exhaust still, but they painted the shields black, I like that look but can't remember who it was.

Thinking of doing that myself but no idea what kind of paint he used and was curious.

I remember the mod too, but not the person. If I recall, it was just high-temp matte black paint. Might have even been primer. I'm not sure.

Reactions: indytux

Premium Member

I haven't done it to Ninja exhausts but I did to my VFR muffler. The MUFFLERs don't get too hot for powder coating and that lasts a lot longer than paint. The stuff my local shop used (several years ago) was good to 250-300C. Not good for exhaust pipes but the muffler case didn't get that hot.

Registered
I always had good luck with VHT hi temp paint. I had a custom set of headers built out of mild steel for a street/strip car and instead of having them ceramic coated I just prepped them really well and shot them with VHT. The actually held up really well and every year I would pull them off, give them a good scuffing and apply multiple coats and I was good to go.

David

Premium Member
David, I'm with you. I painted a set of fork legs wh that vht. My mistake was curing it in my Mom's oven.

The house smelled like paint for a week and "I don't know" wasn't a good answer. The finish was beautiful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts