Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum about a month back. Previously, I owned a 2006 Vrod for the past 15 years. It was fun to be a member of the Harley club, but the bike is really a "drag bike" - great in straight lines, less so in the curves. Also, you get massive wind buffeting from under the front forks. So, I spent probably 6-months on Youtube videos looking at different bikes. Was really interest in a Ducat XDiavel , but couldn't justify the expense or the maintenance costs. Found out about the Ninja 1000sx, and was really psyched - a sports tourer for comfort, and can add baggage for trips as well. I bought the 2021 Ninja 1000SX, and really really love this bike! Much more maneuverable than the Vrod, and faster off the line too! I added a Leo Vince slip-on, Saddleman sports tunnel bag, Puigi all black windscreen, frame sliders, Kawasaki hard bags, Ram iPhone mount. Love this bike, have about 4,000 miles on it so far, lots of local driving a few hour trips so far. Let me know what you guys think, and any recommendations! Nice to join this forum! -- Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just found this forum about a month back. Previously, I owned a 2006 Vrod for the past 15 years. It was fun to be a member of the Harley club, but the bike is really a "drag bike" - great in straight lines, less so in the curves. Also, you get massive wind buffeting from under the front forks. So, I spent probably 6-months on Youtube videos looking at different bikes. Was really interest in a Ducat XDiavel , but couldn't justify the expense or the maintenance costs. Found out about the Ninja 1000sx, and was really psyched - a sports tourer for comfort, and can add baggage for trips as well. I bought the 2021 Ninja 1000SX, and really really love this bike! Much more maneuverable than the Vrod, and faster off the line too! I added a Leo Vince slip-on, Saddleman sports tunnel bag, Puigi all black windscreen, frame sliders, Kawasaki hard bags, Ram iPhone mount. Love this bike, have about 4,000 miles on it so far, lots of local driving a few hour trips so far. Let me know what you guys think, and any recommendations! Nice to join this forum! -- Joe
hey, from uptown Chicago! :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
235 Posts
Welcome PaisanoRider to all things N1K. That's a great looking ride you've got there (although could do with a touch of green ;) ).
Is that the Saddleman sports tunnel bag sitting on the pillion seat? It looks good and seems to be a decent size.
I visited Chicago for a week about 25 years ago - a great town and I enjoyed myself heaps.
Enjoy your new ride 🏍🏍(y)
Cheers

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the shenanigans! Grats on the N1K. I also have a '21 model. They really are great bikes.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
874 Posts
The SX is one of the best all around road bikes available. Congrats and enjoy. Welcome to the forum!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts