Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 3rd Z1000 gen a while back, came with an aftermarket Corbin seat, however I just do not like aftermarket seats so I put the stocker back on the day I got it. Because my bike is a Z and not a Ninja 1k, my primarily use for it is for weekend canyon riding, so a comfy seat is not my first priority. Plus I like the angular, sculpted look of the stock Z seat much better. I've never ridden a N1k so I can't say how the Corbin compares to the stock ninja seat, but it is definitely much wider around the front and all around "fuller" than the stock Z seat. According to previous owner of my bike the seat was purchased new from Corbin in early 2017, so it's about 3 years old or has around 4000 miles of azz time. Bike was alway garage by both him and I so there is no sun damage to the seat. The finish on the seat is the carbon fiber texture look.

Oh yeah, N1k is based off the 3rd gen Z1k so it's a direct swap for you guys.

Asking $85 plus actual shipping costs. Please calculate your own shipping costs from zip code 90046. The box is 7 lbs and is 10"x12"x18" in size. Paypal preferred but I can also take, venmo or zelle.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
can you post a picture of the underside? wondering if it would work on my 2016 N1K

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I just confirmed, the 2010 to 2013 Z1000 seat is fully interchangeable with all 2011 to 2019 Ninja 1000. The reason that Corbin lists different part numbers for the 2 is because the Ninja has additional stitching on the seat covering, but the actual seat base/mounting and foam is identical between the 2 models.

Also, I checked other seat manufacturers and they list the same seat for both the 3rd gen Z1k and all years of N1k
Sargent Seats - Kawasaki Z1000 (10-13) / Ninja 1000 World Sport Seat

·
Registered
454 Posts
Alright....sounds good....I'd like to give it a go to compare to the sargent....sending you a PM

·
Registered
873 Posts
OK, I just confirmed, the 2010 to 2013 Z1000 seat is fully interchangeable with all 2011 to 2019 Ninja 1000. The reason that Corbin lists different part numbers for the 2 is because the Ninja has additional stitching on the seat covering, but the actual seat base/mounting and foam is identical between the 2 models.

Also, I checked other seat manufacturers and they list the same seat for both the 3rd gen Z1k and all years of N1k
Sargent Seats - Kawasaki Z1000 (10-13) / Ninja 1000 World Sport Seat
That is correct. I had bought a set from a 2011 Z1000 and tried it on my 2014 N1K. FYI, the rear seat is very different though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
FYI, the rear seat is very different though.
As I learned when I bought a rear seat cowl on aliexpress.... :crying:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts