Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps, my new intergrated brake/turn signal light just arrived and I got the flasher relay also to modulate the turn signal's rate due to changed resistance values involving LEDs versus original lights. I did a search, but so far, have only seen older model bikes. Can anyone tell me where the 2019 model OEM flasher relay is located on the bike and what's involved in replacing it with the new one? Is it accessible without taking the fairing off or not? I assume it's still on the left hand side of the bike too.

Thanks-Geoff

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess it'll be a two birds with one stone, and two fairing removals guys, I've got a K and N air filter waiting too so will lift the tank and install that at the same time. Will hope for longer daylight hours to help me out.:ROFLMAO:😹🏍⏳🔧Thanks for the help, lots of great videos out there for fairing and tank removal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The service manual says to take off the left fairing panel, but that’s a huge trouble. And after you’ve done it, you have to squeeze your hand in there without being able to see and work it loose. And then the cable is too short to get any tools on it to change the connector.

It‘s far easier to take off the windscreen and then remove the instrument cowling. Six screws for the screen, and six for the two-piece cowl. It also gives you a lot more room to work, and you can see what you’re doing. Try it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty sure the fairing has to come off to lift the gas tank to change the filter anyway Sthomag, but if access to the relay change is easier via what you suggested, doing what you said isn't much more work so may use your idea too, thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already wrote an update to this on my post today related to the Blaster X tail light and my light failures, but just letting all know that there's no reason to replace the OEM flasher relay with the one they sell. The turn signal rate is the same front and back with the stock OEM one remaining in place.

·
Premium Member
15,022 Posts
This isn't always true depending on what generation Ninja 1000. In the earlier bikes, this flasher does need to be replaced. Lots of small pieces , like this, were changed as the bike evolved.

On the first gen and second gen bikes you will have to replace the flasher unless you want the hyper flash look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts