Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
IF you follow these guidelines, the Kawasaki gel seat is very good.

Keep it out of the hot sun, or it will roast your ***...For hours if it heats up. The gel holds heat like you cannot imagine. The sargent seat has a semi bucket shaped feel and the bucket was just slightly too far back, for me. Otherwise, its great.

On the clear, 20 degree, first of the season ride, the seat will stay cold for a very long time. Use the stock foam.

Otherwise, its awesome.

I have a one off mounting kit that uses a scotts steering damper. Its so cool. 100% not needed, but I love it.

Cranked down, you get as much or more stability as my concours 14. It offers that "nailed to the road" feeling, yet still has sportbike handling.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just got a seat from Sargent. Wow! It was an amazing upgrade for me.
- Doesn't slide me into the tank
- Doesn't Cut (hard-edge) my upper inner thigh at stop lights
- More comfort in the saddle
I was surprised at the difference in feel because it doesn't look radically different

-Troydba
ROAD TRIP !! I now have to convince my wife that I need to ride out to Colorado to see your bike with the Sargent seat .... of course, I'd have to sit on it to see if it "fit" me, so just looking at photos won't do.:D

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
You guys, stop by Salt Lake City and pick me up, please....I have the oem gel seat, so we can compare them all.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.