Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike had 381 miles on it when I decided to change the oil, lube the chain and adjust the shifter peg (and give it a bath :) ).

Holy crap, that chain was loose.... dangerously so. If you just bought your N1K, check it soon. I don't know if it was loose from the dealer or if it just stretched that muck in less than 400 miles but it was BAD.

Also, after the first oil change, it shifts a LOT better. What a huge difference!

Keep safe out there!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My chain was lose too. I had to adjust my chain after 300 Miles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My bike had 381 miles on it when I decided to change the oil, lube the chain and adjust the shifter peg (and give it a bath :) ).

Holy crap, that chain was loose.... dangerously so. If you just bought your N1K, check it soon. I don't know if it was loose from the dealer or if it just stretched that muck in less than 400 miles but it was BAD.

Also, after the first oil change, it shifts a LOT better. What a huge difference!

Keep safe out there!

Check your header bolts (nuts). I read on here that some guys were finding them loose. I checked mine at 500 miles and I was shocked how loose they were. Several took almost full turns.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Guys, I know the farings need to come off to get to the header bolts. How did you work around the radiator? There is a bracket at the bottom of the radiator. Did you losen that and swing it forward for enough room? Seems hard to get to the middle ones.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Actually, I got at all my header bolts without removing radiator. Just used 3/8" drive ratchet, longer extension & 12 mm socket. Not much clearance but it isn't too hard. Mine were fairly tight but am glad I checked them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Actually, I got at all my header bolts without removing radiator. Just used 3/8" drive ratchet, longer extension & 12 mm socket. Not much clearance but it isn't too hard. Mine were fairly tight but am glad I checked them.
No issues getting to mine either. Same thing, 3/8" ratchet with long extension. No problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts