Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

13901 - 13920 of 13962 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,901
Rocky you going to get waisted tonight, I think I’m going to start out with a couple of 36 oz beers with my meal after while and take it from there. Everybody have a happy and safe new year and may 2021 be a better year for all of us.

Reactions: Energydrinkvape

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Markie I can't drink like I used to but I'm likely to down at least two 16 ounce 7% beers.

Enjoy and don't get too hungover!

Happy new years to all. May there be better health, more beer, more riding, and less BJs from meth-whores with masks in the coming year 😀

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
57x, Rc, Rock, etc..
I know i could post this in other forums, but I wanted to ask the guys on this forum especially because my bike is not an N1k and respect the opinions of the guys on this thread. Anyways I am looking for a good phone mount system possibly with power. 57x I heard it was difficult to run wires from battery to bars because of the way the fairings are mounted. Is this true?

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Uno, this is the only mount I ever installed on a motorcycle so I'm not up on cellphone mounts.

57x likely did it as did Eagle six. He had a couple of ZX14s
Truthfully, you can have more fun with the Thompson than a cellphone, but it;'s your call.

·
Registered
997 Posts
57x, Rc, Rock, etc..
I know i could post this in other forums, but I wanted to ask the guys on this forum especially because my bike is not an N1k and respect the opinions of the guys on this thread. Anyways I am looking for a good phone mount system possibly with power. 57x I heard it was difficult to run wires from battery to bars because of the way the fairings are mounted. Is this true?
Well, don't run it through the fairings. I don't. I run mine under the tank with a fused cable directly to the battery. I use SP connect on all my bikes. They have a wireless charger available if you use their phone case. Just a quarter turn and the phone is on the mount or off. It is a little spendy, but the convenience is worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Well, don't run it through the fairings. I don't. I run mine under the tank with a fused cable directly to the battery. I use SP connect on all my bikes. They have a wireless charger available if you use their phone case. Just a quarter turn and the phone is on the mount or off. It is a little spendy, but the convenience is worth it to me.

I should have asked more specific questions related to the 14. Like which mount; mirror, stem, bar for best placement like not blocking gauges, or bar interference etc...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Uno, this is the only mount I ever installed on a motorcycle so I'm not up on cellphone mounts.
View attachment 30424
57x likely did it as did Eagle six. He had a couple of ZX14s
Truthfully, you can have more fun with the Thompson than a cellphone, but it;'s your call.
I agree the Thompson would be more fun. But the cell phone would be cool cause I could use my bluetooth ear buds to listen to music, phone calls, GPS.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The 14 dash is very cramped and I don't think a bst mount would work. Stem may be the only possibility and it will block gauge. It's been too long since I had my 14 to remember what I did.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The 14 dash is very cramped and I don't think a bst mount would work. Stem may be the only possibility and it will block gauge. It's been too long since I had my 14 to remember what I did.
Yes not much room. That's why I asked. I should check the zx forum, but its not very active over there.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,912
Well here we go starting the new year with a covid 19 quarantine, got 2- days left and scheduled for another test today, one of my workers tested positive last week.

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
Mark, I played with my shorai, this weekend. It's in the cold garage. Figure 35-40 degrees. I've had it connected to its shorai charger, so it's ready to go, but its cold.

When it's cold, I still have to warm up the battery before it turns over the bike. My led voltage monitor always reads anywhere from 12.8 to 12.9, but the cold battery wont turn the bike over until the third try.

I'm not complaining as I know this is how this battery works, but I expected to see lower voltage , when cold, and really didnt find that.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Hey Markie, how ya feeling?? A friend of mine got dealthy sick the other day, in his words, and is going for a test today.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,916
Rocky I feel fine, test came back negative, there might be something to wearing mask as I was about 2’ from the infected individual through out the day, the guy he rode to work with they was in a vehicle 2- hours a day for a couple of days is showing no symptoms and no mask were wore in the car.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
It's so hard to say Markie why some people don't get it. It's good you don't have it. A friend of mine is getting tested today and is sick as a dog. Unfortunately he was with his 83 yr old father the day before he was feeling sick.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Mark, I played with my shorai, this weekend. It's in the cold garage. Figure 35-40 degrees. I've had it connected to its shorai charger, so it's ready to go, but its cold.

When it's cold, I still have to warm up the battery before it turns over the bike. My led voltage monitor always reads anywhere from 12.8 to 12.9, but the cold battery wont turn the bike over until the third try.

I'm not complaining as I know this is how this battery works, but I expected to see lower voltage , when cold, and really didnt find that.
RC I got it figured out. I put my battery on low charge for 24 hrs. Tested with meter after @ 13.2v. Did some reading on adjusting fuel by increasing idle level and shutting off completely the cold start. The bike started right away. Now the battery is just sitting in the bike but unhooked. Based on everything I read it should be fine without charge till April. I will check it with my new multi meter a couple of time s over the winter but feel I have a good handle on this. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
If it ever gets cold, will you put your meter on it? I'd like to figure mine out. It should really drop if I see 10 or 15 degrees? Right?

I'm wondering if the charge really charges it, or does it wake it up?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If it ever gets cold, will you put your meter on it? I'd like to figure mine out. It should really drop if I see 10 or 15 degrees? Right?

I'm wondering if the charge really charges it, or does it wake it up?
At this point I am not sure. It might have just been a fueling problem. I am not sure if I gave the battery enough time off between start attempts. But the next cold spell we get I will test the battery.

13901 - 13920 of 13962 Posts