Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

13661 - 13680 of 13707 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Dang the eye doctor got me fitted for some new glasses, talking about a game changer I been living in a fog, they come in today and every thing is clear insteads of blurry, I’ll probably have to get a bigger helmet to be able to wear them without bending the frames, can’t wait to try them out with the bike, but doctor said if I have the cataract surgery they want work. But the way the corona is spiking I’m looking for them to shut stuff down again so at least I can see clearly untill I can get the surgery.
That is cool that the world looks better to you now. I need to go to an eye doctor it has been way too long.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Mark, I remember back when I was a kid and got my first set of glasses. Before those, I remember thinking, "Why do they make street signs so small? It's stupid because no one can read them." Things like that were such a surprise.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Dang the eye doctor got me fitted for some new glasses, talking about a game changer I been living in a fog, they come in today and every thing is clear insteads of blurry, I’ll probably have to get a bigger helmet to be able to wear them without bending the frames, can’t wait to try them out with the bike, but doctor said if I have the cataract surgery they want work. But the way the corona is spiking I’m looking for them to shut stuff down again so at least I can see clearly untill I can get the surgery.
I would still get the surgery as soon as you feel safe. don't get a new helmet because you may not need the glasses

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,665
I would still get the surgery as soon as you feel safe. don't get a new helmet because you may not need the glasses
Rock I didn’t think about that, probably want need glasses to ride after surgery, I hope MarkOne puts his *** on that ZX-14 today I’m interested in his ride report.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Mark, you should buy a new helmet, just because it's fun to buy helmets. If you guys are about my age, isnt this the most beautiful motorcycle that was ever made? The swingarm is screwed up, but man, I cant even tell you how badly I wanted one of these.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Rock I didn’t think about that, probably want need glasses to ride after surgery, I hope MarkOne puts his *** on that ZX-14 today I’m interested in his ride report.
Yeah, then you'll be stuck with an oversized helmet and waste a bunch of money. Kind of like when I bought Magnum Condoms once 😀

UNo has two choises: ride the sheet out of the ZX today and provide an extensive ride report by the evening, or be banned for life!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I owned a 250 TM. It was the last year before they went to the RM. 1975...I think.

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yeah, then you'll be stuck with an oversized helmet and waste a bunch of money. Kind of like when I bought Magnum Condoms once 😀

UNo has two choises: ride the sheet out of the ZX today and provide an extensive ride report by the evening, or be banned for life!
I just got home from work. I am leaving on the bike in about 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Speaking of Suzuki....they said that they are splitting the motorcycle and marine division. That might make it easier to sell or merge the motorcycle division. The motorcycle division is pretty much on life support, especially with regards to their offroad bikes. Those are all old designs. Several generations behind the rest of the Japanese.....we wont even say the KTM word.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Well I am back. Only did about 45 miles today. Spent a lot of time playing with controls and power/traction modes and adjusting rear view mirrors. had to stop at least four times to adjust mirrors.I never got above 75 because I was mostly on local back roads playing. The biggest improvement for me was the seat. No need to up grade. My wrists hurt some but I think that is because I am out of shape. When I sucked in my core it took the weight off my wrists. The bike is fast and faster than the K. Only know this this because of reading specs. I would have to get off one bike and get on the other to tell the real difference. This was only a get familiar ride. I will ride again tomorrow and provide more details. I have a more details but can't do it right now.

Reactions: Rock

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Can't do it right now?!?!?! We'll decide when you can do it!!!

Since you were on back roads did you get a feel of how it handled in the corners?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Can't do it right now?!?!?! We'll decide when you can do it!!!

Since you were on back roads did you get a feel of how it handled in the corners?
OK i am back for a little bit. Corners were no problem. couldn't tell much difference form the ninja or the K. Did I mention the seat. I never even wanted to get off of it. On the Ninja I would still be walking around. One thing about corners, taking off from a dead start stop sign, you have to allow more distance or you will end up up in on coming traffic. I need to make some adjustments. One is I felt I had too point my toe inn to hit rear break. I need to adjust brake and clutch levers to my liking. Will report more later.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,675
Sounds good MarkOne, you will need a few days to put it through it’s paces. On a side note my glasses will work with my helmet, I had to try it out,what a game changer, sure was nice to see the red light colors way before I got there, I was dam near blind, living it so far.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Markie does your junk look much bigger now? :)
Crazy how you were riding around half blind all this time.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Mark, a good mod for the c14 was to install a zx14 seat. Thats how good it is. The pan is the same, but the brackets are different. It's an easy swap. The stock c14 seat looks more comfortable, but in real life it's too soft and squishy. The zx14 seat was more normal, and an excellent upgrade.

The Sargent may have been better, or maybe its personal preference. .

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Mark, a good mod for the c14 was to install a zx14 seat. Thats how good it is. The pan is the same, but the brackets are different. It's an easy swap. The stock c14 seat looks more comfortable, but in real life it's too soft and squishy. The zx14 seat was more normal, and an excellent upgrade.

The Sargent may have been better, or maybe its personal preference. .
I cant believe how comfy seat is no need to try anything else.
Also, I don't know if I mentioned this but the previous owner had professional installation of Tank Slapper Sun Tek Ultra (gloss) kit. The only thing I need to find out is if there are certain cleaners I should or should not use.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,679
Markie does your junk look much bigger now? :)
Crazy how you were riding around half blind all this time.
At least I can see it in clear vision now hahaha. I was at a gas station yesterday and 2- bikes pulled in to get gas. They were from Mississippi and were headed to the dragon. One was riding a new MT-10 Yamaha with full exhaust, dam that bike sounded awesome, it had a v-8 sound insteads of a 4 cylinder scream, I think it’s a detuned R1 motor, definately did not expect it to sound like that. If it wasn’t a naked bike it would’ve an option to the N1K, dam good looking bike for sure, I had to go get a close up for sure when I heard how it sound.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Yamaha uses a cross plane crank in that r1 motor. It doesnt work very well, and the crank needs to be much heavier than normal to stand up to the beating it gets, but it does sound good.

I have some of the 3m paint film that's been on for 5 yrs. If I was supposed to do something to it, I didnt. It still looks brand new.

13661 - 13680 of 13707 Posts