Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

13361 - 13380 of 13411 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
That versys video is unreal. The bike has changed about as much as the Ninja.....somewhere between "whatever " and the "oh" level. A little, but not much. When you are still running the same frame and engine, it's hard to exceed whatever.

They are trying to convince people it it THE answer. I dont get it. Unless they are marketing these bikes to people with 1 or 2 yrs of experience and had no clue the versys existed...

Their talk about its power might make sense if it made more than 110 hp, but it doesnt.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Because I have a mental block. its the dual purpose idea, (off/on road) they tend to neither one very well.

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
The TIger 900 does the street really well. It's good for bigger riders.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The TIger 900 does the street really well. It's good for bigger riders.
I will check it out. I found another zx which is my first choice but man that insurance. Its fun looking though. May even wait for another K.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Not the Roadie version. There's the XC version and the touring version. One has wire rims and a 21" upfront the other (roadie) has regular rims and a 19" upfront.
I"ve been looking around for K's and I'm finding nothing within a 500 mile radius. You should have never sold yours.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
GT, grand touring version. Under 500lbs and a 900 triple. Rode one at my friends shop. They're pretty good.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yes I know I made a big mistake selling the K.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
crazy how there's none to be found. Shows you how much poeple loved them.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The guy who bought mine drove up from FLA. Ohh and paid full asking price.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
The guy who bought mine drove up from FLA. Ohh and paid full asking price.
the demand shot up before the second they discontinued them. the one I traded in was sold before I even got it to the dealer.
I think a person has to look at the adv bikes as thats where most of the development work is happening.
it's not in mid weight sport tourers that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hey rock, why didn't you like Tracer GT? I didn't go see it cause it thought it would be too small but its only 2.4 inches shorter in length than a zx14r.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
The rider triangle and position is that sit up cramped dirt bike style. I fkin hated it. It also felt like a cheap toy. There are others on here that love it, but I thought it was a piece of crap the second I got on it. It's for those who think total upright is comfort.
I don't think you're one of those.
FYI, I'm only 2.4 inches shorter in length than a ZX14 as well :)

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
wipe the drool off your chin Avi I was only kidding!

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Yeah, I rode it for about 15 minutes. You would hate it trust me.

13361 - 13380 of 13411 Posts